The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
If you'd said nothing I wouldn't have Googled it...........I'm none the wiser.............but I didn't try translate

Curiosity eventually got the better of me. Just means Good Night.

If I hadn’t pottered on the ipad for 45 minutes before going out I might have made it round my walk dry, but the rain came on just ten minutes after setting off so got quite wet.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well it's crunch day as, at 10.40 I have my ultra scan.
I know I have 2 problems and this. Is to fid the extent ot them.
One is the liver but other is a swollen intestine......they need to know why.
I have spent x days Trying to get myself eating and now I am not allow breakfast. Life is never fair is it ?
11 is usually decision time on those leaving. As the doctors do their rounds.
If you're not there, due to the timingof the scan, they may think you've gone already.

PaulSB

Squire
Good day. 'Tis cool, dull and overcast which is good for our 2024 summer. @Dave7 fingers crossed for you. Good luck.

Today? I'll pop down to the LBS to pick up my mangled Kinesis. They've had it to price up the replacement cost. Geeeez, this is going to cost the local farmer. I need to get it back as the legal bods have advised I should keep it until my claim is settled. A friend just sent me a link to a Wahoo offer, 20% discount on a new Roam. My much loved Elemnt was smashed to pieces. I much prefer black and white screens to colour but need the Roam screen size to be able to read it! Another thing to add to the claim. The 20% discount is all about mitigating my losses.

Of much more interest. I'm driving to a local cafe to meet my regular buddies on the Monday morning ride. This is two great friends who I ride with every week. Lots of chat to catch up on.

Yesterday I was very energised and did loads of stuff. Today should be the same. Last night Mrs P said "you've been very sprightly today." Sprightly!!!! SPRIGHTLY!!! How to make a man feel old?????? Tell him he's sprightly. Hrrumphh

classic33

Leg End Member
Good day. 'Tis cool, dull and overcast which is good for our 2024 summer. @Dave7 fingers crossed for you. Good luck.

Today? I'll pop down to the LBS to pick up my mangled Kinesis. They've had it to price up the replacement cost. Geeeez, this is going to cost the local farmer. I need to get it back as the legal bods have advised I should keep it until my claim is settled. A friend just sent me a link to a Wahoo offer, 20% discount on a new Roam. My much loved Elemnt was smashed to pieces. I much prefer black and white screens to colour but need the Roam screen size to be able to read it! Another thing to add to the claim. The 20% discount is all about mitigating my losses.

Of much more interest. I'm driving to a local cafe to meet my regular buddies on the Monday morning ride. This is two great friends who I ride with every week. Lots of chat to catch up on.

Yesterday I was very energised and did loads of stuff. Today should be the same. Last night Mrs P said "you've been very sprightly today." Sprightly!!!! SPRIGHTLY!!! How to make a man feel old?????? Tell him he's sprightly. Hrrumphh
Local bike shop kept hold of mine until the replacement had been got, after mine got written off.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning, grey and damp here and I am just about to go for a walk. Did a bit of finagling with a new wireless indoor camera ( eufy ) that I picked up cheap as chips in a recent promotion. It is 2k resolution and very well made. I have it mounted inside a nesting box to protect it from the elements. It is pointing at the new Hedgehog hotel so I can hopefully see if there's any interest. The only thing so far is one of the nosy neighbourhood cats prowling around.
IMG_6145.jpeg

IMG_6142.jpeg

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning, grey and damp here and I am just about to go for a walk. Did a bit of finagling with a new wireless indoor camera ( eufy ) that I picked up cheap as chips in a recent promotion. It is 2k resolution and very well made. I have it mounted inside a nesting box to protect it from the elements. It is pointing at the new Hedgehog hotel so I can hopefully see if there's any interest. The only thing so far is one of the nosy neighbourhood cats prowling around.
View attachment 738446

View attachment 738447
That's a bit of a step up into there. Their legs are only short, it could be putting prospective tenants off.

Just been out to get the bike out
(going to meet Vicky in the Cemetery soon - as said before - but NOT rimming her bush!)

anyway - I patched the old inner tube yesterday and pumped it up and left it over the handlebars to check it was OK
soft as a soft thing this morning

Going to start a thread about puncture patches that actually work - after I get back!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
(going to meet Vicky in the Cemetery soon - as said before - but NOT rimming her bush!)

anyway - I patched the old inner tube yesterday and pumped it up and left it over the handlebars to check it was OK

Going to start a thread about puncture patches that actually work - after I get back!

That's even worse when you say it like that. Stop digging man.😁

Tenkaykev

Guru

classic33

Leg End Member

We believe you!

After you get back, why not whilst you're out there having just tried applying another that worked/didn't work?

Top Bottom