The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Night, off up the wooden hill, hopefully a better night than last night.

Two monkeys were getting into the bath. One said: ‘Oo, oo, oo, aah aah aah.’ The other replied: ‘Well, put some cold in it then.’”
Sithi
This one!
IMG_20240505_224656.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen! 1st!

screenman

Legendary Member
I guess it is morning, I have just work up and the blind is still down. Housework and fit the new tyres and inserts so that I can go for a ride on that bike today. The tyres are in the airing cupboard warning up, it always surprised me that more people do not do that, the slight bit of expansion makes a new tyre so my easier to fit.

Have a nice day everyone.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I guess it is morning, I have just workshop and the blind is still down. Housework and fit the new tyres and inserts so that I can go for a ride on that bike today. The tyres are in the airing cupboard warning up, it always surprised me that more people do not do that, the slight bit of expansion makes a new tyre so my easier to fit.

Have a nice day everyone.

I drape them over the heated towel rail :laugh:

It’s really nice again here. A slight chill when I set out but the sun is out now. Just the riverside trail this morning plus a loop through the park.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
It's a lovely start to the day here.
We are off down to West Sussex today, probably heading for Felpham near Bognor Regis, we plan to stay overnight in Arundel and tomorrow we are going to Goodwood for the Goodwoof dog festival, of course Millie is coming with us.
The forecast for tomorrow is horrendous, but we will give its go. If we have to curtail it early then so be it.

Right - I'm here
Had a phone call just before from Virgin Media
which is strange because we don;t have any accounts with them - but apparently they have detected some people doing illegal stuff "on my internet"

Hmmm - having spent my whole career in IT - mostly system management - I think I would have noticed

anyway - they wanted me to put some software on my smartphone to see the "bad people" but I denied having a smartphone
OK - I lied - I was assuming they would try to get me to use TeamViewer or something but they gave up
said I was to restart my router (which they pronounced wrongly) in 30 minutes and they will ring back if there are still any problems

doubt they will - but I waster about 15 minutes of their time

anyway - apparently "we" have volunteered to have the grand kids overnight tonight so their Dad can work some overtime to help pay for the wedding next year

This bloomin wedding better be good!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Right - I'm here
Had a phone call just before from Virgin Media
which is strange because we don;t have any accounts with them - but apparently they have detected some people doing illegal stuff "on my internet"

Hmmm - having spent my whole career in IT - mostly system management - I think I would have noticed

anyway - they wanted me to put some software on my smartphone to see the "bad people" but I denied having a smartphone
OK - I lied - I was assuming they would try to get me to use TeamViewer or something but they gave up
said I was to restart my router (which they pronounced wrongly) in 30 minutes and they will ring back if there are still any problems

doubt they will - but I waster about 15 minutes of their time

anyway - apparently "we" have volunteered to have the grand kids overnight tonight so their Dad can work some overtime to help pay for the wedding next year

This bloomin wedding better be good!

I still smile at Sue's face when I got a similar call. I asked the guy "are you on your lap top right now"
He said yes
I said "well do me a favour......turn it sideways and shove it right up your arse"
Her face was a picture.

Top Bottom