The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Are you the one in the red and gray striped jersey or the one kneeling down?
Dont leave us in suspenders, tell us who is who.

Lee_M

Guru
New shower fitted, boiler serviced (necessary to retain manufacturers 10 yr warranty), trip to garden centre to buy a fire pit. Built firepit and then burnt loads of chicken on it. Drunk some excellent home brewed London Porter and now sat reading.

Some days just fill up.

Have to face a fast bike ride tomorrow, with the medium ride, which will probably be filled by fast riders who didn't want to go on the early ride so will hijack ours. Tbh I'm not looking forward to it, so if they start playingg silly buggers like they did last time I'll just drop off the ride and go my own way, and then post a snide comment on Facebook which will piss them off

well, what a surprise, a perfect ride until we got a main road and they suddenly decided that they werent going to stick together and disappeared off into the distance, leaving a couple of riders floundering behind. I stayed behind and helped them and we caught up 3 miles later.

Anyone else think thats out of order on a social ride?
Yes you drop people on hills and regroup a the top, but you dont fark off into the distance without warning on a social ride on a flat section.
Of course they couldnt see what theyd done wrong as they waited to regroup, but I dont think waiting 3 miles further on is riding together.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Pink socks?
pink socks.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
We are going B&B. Are there plenty of decent restaurants and bars in the area, without having to walk to the port ?
Same for takeaway?
Do you know if there are any mini markets close by (for bread etc.) We enjoy chomping while watching the world go by...... with a glass of wine of course.
Did that happen before you went out?

Top Bottom