The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I am sat here buzzing and being filled up with eletrickery from the Tens machine, vodka is not being used. Out on the bike later, only for 10 miles but that will make it 50 for the week which I am delighted with. Seems odd writing low numbers like that but, good to be pleased with it. My eldest and his wife are doing the Yorkshire sportive today, he has been real busy at work and not put as many miles in as she has, it is going to hurt him for sure.

classic33

Leg End Member
Oops! Blast that productive text.
It's the poor workman blames his tools.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning doggie walk done at Broadsands.
Back good for a quick coffee, then a long walk around to my local for Sunday lunch. :hungry:

@classic33 - does this pint pass muster? Bath Ales 'Gem'. Very drinkable session ale. :cheers:
IMG_20190505_120826903.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Back good for a quick coffee, then a long walk around to my local for Sunday lunch. :hungry:

@classic33 - does this pint pass muster? Bath Ales 'Gem'. Very drinkable session ale. :cheers:
View attachment 465187
It certainly has MY approval (which should really be the one that matters ^_^) good colour and a nice creamy head.:tongue:

classic33

Leg End Member

View attachment 465187
Appears to be a fairly new glass (very little marking on the exterior of the glass) which is usually caused by stacking. Causing damage to the interior. Easy checkable, just make a note of the numbers on the glass.

@Dave7, your views?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Monday 6th will be interesting and nostalgic for me.
1961-63 I worked as an office boy to the board of directors of Royal Liver Building Society. As such I got into every room, nook and cranny there was. I have even stood next to the "bells" when they chimed. In those days women were not allowed in the boardroom so would take the teas/coffees to the door and I would then carry them to the 9 directors.
They are now allowing tours and I am joining one tomorrow. Should be good.

classic33

Leg End Member
Monday 6th will be interesting and nostalgic for me.
1961-63 I worked as an office boy to the board of directors of Royal Liver Building Society. As such I got into every room, nook and cranny there was. I have even stood next to the "bells" when they chimed. In those days women were not allowed in the boardroom so would take the teas/coffees to the door and I would then carry them to the 9 directors.
They are now allowing tours and I am joining one tomorrow. Should be good.
Will you be crossing that bridge?
may_1459204c.jpg

Top Bottom