The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
That was a nippy walk. Shock to the system.....back to minus 3. Hopefully warm up soon though, although I don't think it's expected to get all that warm.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Just heard that my old best workmate passed away last night. :sad:
Just a couple of days after his 66th birthday and a couple of months since his missus committed suicide.
He never got to enjoy retirement.

For those of us fortunate enough; make the most of it - yer a long time dead!

That's tough @Dirk. I'd echo your sentiments about making the most of it. Paddy Ashdown's mantra was, 'cram as much into every day that you can' -it's one worth following.

D

Deleted member 1258

The gangs all here, our sons are catching up, they haven't seen each other since Xmas, Granddaughter is tucking into a plate full of breakfast, youngest has a pizza in the oven, my Good Lady has had some lovely cards, a big bunch of flowers and is now having breakfast, I'm now on tea making duties.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Leeds were rubbish yesterday but their 'never say die' attitude saw them to victory and they move above Sheff Utd into the second automatic promotion spot. Still a lot to play for.

Today I'm on dog and oldie duties but may manage to squeeze in a ride somewhere. Weather is not up to much though being cool and damp.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Today is "where am I day". The 21st party was good but someone kept pouring alcohol down my neck. I am officially hung over. Planned 15 miler is looking very unlikely :blush:.
If I am still here tomorrow I will report back.

Top Bottom