The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all. :hello:
Beach walk with the doggie this morning, followed by a stroll down to the village for a couple of pints and fish & chips.
Getting stuff ready for our two week foray into Cornwall, starting on Monday.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Was up with the larks. Decided, probably foolishly, to attempt to jog up to the local reservoir. 10 miles there and back. I have to admit to three or four short walking spells as it was just too much for me. Made it though. Not sure how I will feel later!

So slow these days but I've had so many lower back and sciatic issues that have affected my legs so just glad I can even attempt something like this to be honest. https://www.strava.com/activities/2248673639

D

Deleted member 1258

Good morning folks, breakfast eaten, washing out and yesterdays washing up done, was down my Brother In Laws last night and a little bit of falling down water was consumed, only a little though, I had to drive home, so the washing up got left. Today we're on shopping and chores. My new gear/brake lever arrived yesterday so at some point over the weekend I've got some fettling to do.

PaulSB

Squire
IMG_20190328_211016581.jpg
Screenshot_20190328-210749.png
Hello everyone. Grey but warm here, looks like the sun will appear soon.

Did my first ever turbo session yesterday. This is the start of the comeback. Listened to Dark Side of the Moon - only realised side two, track four was possibly inappropriate when it came on!!!

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
View attachment 459740 View attachment 459741 Hello everyone. Grey but warm here, looks like the sun will appear soon.

Did my first ever turbo session yesterday. This is the start of the comeback. Listened to Dark Side of the Moon - only realised side two, track four was possibly inappropriate when it came on!!!
Nice of yer Dad to hold the album cover while you took the photo. :okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
View attachment 459740 View attachment 459741 Hello everyone. Grey but warm here, looks like the sun will appear soon.

Nice that you are still here to listen to track 4 and (hopefully) laugh about it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all, a lovely sunny day here. A good day was had yesterday in Brussels. We had a good wander through the main square and the up to the royal palace. The botanical gardens and the town park. The CAMRA guide recommended the bier circus bar and delivered. A smashing lunch was had washed down with two bottles of La Chouffe View attachment 459735 and a bottle of Lupaline Organic. 8% and 8.5% respectively. Waffles were eaten a little later in a cafe and coffee drank before getting the train back to blighty.
Driven thro Brussels but never visited. If the beer is anything to go by it sounds nice.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning. Was up with the larks. Decided, probably foolishly, to attempt to jog up to the local reservoir. 10 miles there and back. I have to admit to three or four short walking spells as it was just too much for me. Made it though. Not sure how I will feel later!

So slow these days but I've had so many lower back and sciatic issues that have affected my legs so just glad I can even attempt something like this to be honest. https://www.strava.com/activities/2248673639
I USED to run a lot but stopped due to knee problems.
I tried to start again a while ago but found that my lower back jarres to much.
So well done you :okay:

dickyknees

Guru
Good morning

Late reading the postings here this morning because I had to light a coal fire in the unused fireplace. This is because as the wife left the house this morning she saw what she described as a scene from ‘The Birds’ around the chimney, up to ten jackdaws apparently. So while I search for the brushes and rods I thought I would smoke them out and hope the smell of fresh smoke will deter them from nesting!

An open fire is nice though, still no sign of the blue skies in Anglesey and just 9 degrees.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning

Late reading the postings here this morning because I had to light a coal fire in the unused fireplace. This is because as the wife left the house this morning she saw what she described as a scene from ‘The Birds’ around the chimney, up to ten jackdaws apparently. So while I search for the brushes and rods I thought I would smoke them out and hope the smell of fresh smoke will deter them from nesting!

An open fire is nice though, still no sign of the blue skies in Anglesey and just 9 degrees.
Being nosey.....which part of Anglesey. We had a caravan near Porth Dafar ??ch for years and many times had sunshine while the opposite site was cloudy.
Sun is just breaking through in Warrington as I type.

dickyknees

Guru
Being nosey.....which part of Anglesey. We had a caravan near Porth Dafar ??ch for years and many times had sunshine while the opposite site was cloudy.

About four miles away from Porthdafarch, between Four Mile Bridge and Valley. It was cloudy here for the last few days whilst ten miles away blue skies and sunshine ☀️. Cold wind though, will venture out for a twenty mile bimble later.

Top Bottom