The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Some may never have seen a train before though!

And a class 158 is their first?? Poor, poor sods!!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
We apparently aren't just in a rolling stock timewarp out on the coast, but the livery is going back too: -
20150917_160014.jpg

The Mary Queen of Scots pulling my train home today

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
We apparently aren't just in a rolling stock timewarp out on the coast, but the livery is going back too: -
20150917_160014.jpg

The Mary Queen of Scots pulling my train home today

37401 Mary Queen Of Scots?!
Where is the full drainage system surrounding it to collect all the froth and dribble from the veg??!!

That is a loco that makes certain groups of people go all uneccesary.

Last edited:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
37401 Mary Queen Of Scots?!
Where is the full drainage system surrounding it to collect all the froth and dribble from the veg??!!

That is a loco that makes certain groups of people go all uneccesary.

Looked it up last night. Taken back out of preservation and running one of the Cumbrian Coastal Diagrams at the moment it looks like (not sure if they are on rotation or fixed locos).

I was surprised that there weren't a load of people at St Bees actually, as the other Class 37 arrived at the south bound platform while we were still in the station and was parked next to ours. Other one was 37402, which is in the more normal DRS livery.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Looked it up last night. Taken back out of preservation and running one of the Cumbrian Coastal Diagrams at the moment it looks like (not sure if they are on rotation or fixed locos).

I was surprised that there weren't a load of people at St Bees actually, as the other Class 37 arrived at the south bound platform while we were still in the station and was parked next to ours. Other one was 37402, which is in the more normal DRS livery.

Yeah, '37s, especially 37/4 attract a certain type of idio.... Enthusiast.

Clearly they are all at work though....

Last edited:

robjh

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3912141, member: 45"]The new New St Station opens on Sunday.[/QUOTE]
Yebbut it's only new on top isn't it? The platforms will still be in the same dingy cellar as now, unless I've seriously misunderstood. Have to get up there in the next few weeks to have a look.

Last edited:
Top Bottom