The Fridays London Ride - Windows and Death - 29th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
DKUATB. Parks and Palaces ride. Slippery road + AKA Bob + Gravity = borked arm.

Keep mending AKA Bob.

Plus a small intervention of a car that had done a dodgy overtake on a blind bend and clipped the front of my bike as they pulled in to avoid a car coming the other way! Before you ask I didn't get his number as I was approaching the curb rapidly at over 30 miles per hour on a Brompton!

So I can now personally vouch for the merits of helmet wearing as it stopped me from more serious injuries! In the end I am enjoying a radial head fracture in my right elbow, tissue damage in my wrist and some nice road rash on my knees.

Doctors says it should be six weeks which means on 22nd if all goes to plan I can jump on the bike again!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
GWS boss!

Tim Hall

Plus a small intervention of a car that had done a dodgy overtake on a blind bend and clipped the front of my bike as they pulled in to avoid a car coming the other way! Before you ask I didn't get his number as I was approaching the curb rapidly at over 30 miles per hour on a Brompton!

So I can now personally vouch for the merits of helmet wearing as it stopped me from more serious injuries! In the end I am enjoying a radial head fracture in my right elbow, tissue damage in my wrist and some nice road rash on my knees.

Doctors says it should be six weeks which means on 22nd if all goes to plan I can jump on the bike again!
Sounds nasty. Did any sound escape your lips when you hit the deck? Did Titus Groan?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Greg, it's been all over Twitter, and in that phrase you are revealing that you do not follow him on Twitter and thus are Not Young.
Actually I do follow him on twitter. But I've recently had the pleasure of implementing a policy which prevents folk outside our comms team from accessing twitter on the network at work. Facebook is next to be restricted. This makes me definitely Not Young.;)

of course certain cycle forums remain accessible.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it's arrived! Not bad

StuartG

slower but no further
Greg, it's been all over Twitter, and in that phrase you are revealing that you do not follow him on Twitter and thus are Not Young.
mmmmmmmmmmmmartin your application to have Greg admitted to the Bus Pass Wing of FNRttC has sadly failed. Living in foreign parts has a terrible cost. Whereas my cradle snatched loved one will be admitted next May on her 60th birthday courtesy of a special Boris scheme for us in groove city.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19777698

Why even DZ can look forward to stacking his Brommie with the prams ...

ianmac62

Guru
I shall scan and post the article from "Cycle" later today.

In the meantime, looking forward to the "Windows and Death (and Linoleum)" ride.

A formal email has been sent, DZ.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Having checked the work calendar and spoken to some members of staff I can now confirm there will be free cycle security marking being offered again this year to any interested parties.

I imagine we will be offering our services from 9.30am onwards or an hour before the start time if it changes.

Top Bottom