Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
We are a yellow snow 'n' ice warning until lunchtime tomorrow...
actually looking at various types of batteries..12v (small).
Better get my night cap out, keep my lugs warm
Warmed up slightly over the last few hours, never a good thing at this time of night.
Would they be lighter batteries, or doorbell? Or are you looking at smaller still.
Flaps down over yer ears and tied under yer chin. Should keep yer lugs warm overnight.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Morning all :hello:
Bit chilly, just dipped below zero..
Stay safe...

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Warmed up slightly over the last few hours, never a good thing at this time of night.
Would they be lighter batteries, or doorbell? Or are you looking at smaller still.
Flaps down over yer ears and tied under yer chin. Should keep yer lugs warm overnight.

Am wary of these new lighter batteries, the smaller alarm backup sealed lead acid would suffice...
I have the 18650 batteries which are kept in a lipo guard 'bag' if not in use..

You mean an Elmer Fudd 'at?:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Am wary of these new lighter batteries, the smaller alarm backup sealed lead acid would suffice...
I have the 18650 batteries which are kept in a lipo guard 'bag' if not in use..

You mean an Elmer Fudd 'at?:laugh:
Not certain which it's used for, the one I'm thinking of. Just under an inch long and a quarter inch in diameter.
Never kept any rechargeable battery in a bag for storage. Just make certain they can't hit anything conductive, or each other.

Nah, he wore/wears the traditional hunters cap.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
Not quite as cold here. 0300 tomorrow morning for snow.
As safe as I can...
Dropping quickly here, now 1.3c
All sorts of yellow wx alerts flying about I see..
must check out if the Towers is affected..
Not certain which it's used for, the one I'm thinking of. Just under an inch long and a quarter inch in diameter.
Never kept any rechargeable battery in a bag for storage. Just make certain they can't hit anything conductive, or each other.

Nah, he wore/wears the traditional hunters cap.

LiPo batteries are to be wary off..
lightweight but wrongly dealt with....

I meant lighter as in lightweight, oops..
I was probably still asleep :ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
Dropping quickly here, now 1.3c
All sorts of yellow wx alerts flying about I see..
must check out if the Towers is affected..

LiPo batteries are to be wary off..
lightweight but wrongly dealt with....

I meant lighter as in lightweight, oops..
I was probably still asleep :ohmy:
Still above freezing here, last time I checked.
If the forecasts are to be believed we're going to snowbound from tomorrow 'til Monday.
Stick yer head out the window, not forgetting to open it first...

I've still got Ni-Cad batteries in some stuff. Built in chargers won't charge newer types. It's them or disposable.

Not as heavy, you mean?
Possibly! Recharge yer liquid battery.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Still above freezing here, last time I checked.
If the forecasts are to be believed we're going to snowbound from tomorrow 'til Monday.
Stick yer head out the window, not forgetting to open it first...

I've still got Ni-Cad batteries in some stuff. Built in chargers won't charge newer types. It's them or disposable.

Not as heavy, you mean?
Possibly! Recharge yer liquid battery.

well below even just now, -3.7c

Battery technology seems to have hit a wall,
you'd think with electric vehicles it would advance but more likely too much money to be made off them.
I used to used 12v 7ah sealed lead acid ones then these cheapo golf trollies appeared and the price of that battery type almost trebled, I assume the same with new e-bike ones too....
cuppa needed

classic33

Leg End Member
well below even just now, -3.7c

Battery technology seems to have hit a wall,
you'd think with electric vehicles it would advance but more likely too much money to be made off them.
I used to used 12v 7ah sealed lead acid ones then these cheapo golf trollies appeared and the price of that battery type almost trebled, I assume the same with new e-bike ones too....
cuppa needed
Well we got the snow, though it's not what they were promising. Started sometime after 0600.

Came along in leaps and bounds, then as you say hit a wall. They got dear enough along the way as well.
You'd have thought that with at least the latest types in use, ones two steps behind would be cheaper. Not worked like that though.
Battery powered golf trollies appeared, how long since you stopped using sealed lead acid batteries?
I'd say if you were to buy in bulk, say 10,000,000 minimum, you'd notice a drop in price. We can't compete with the big boys, who want all of the latest types.
We get the scraps that fall off the production line.
E-assist bike spares/replacements, they'll be just like any other replaceable part, downright expensive.
You having another cuppa?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Well we got the snow, though it's not what they were promising. Started sometime after 0600.

Came along in leaps and bounds, then as you say hit a wall. They got dear enough along the way as well.
You'd have thought that with at least the latest types in use, ones two steps behind would be cheaper. Not worked like that though.
Battery powered golf trollies appeared, how long since you stopped using sealed lead acid batteries?
I'd say if you were to buy in bulk, say 10,000,000 minimum, you'd notice a drop in price. We can't compete with the big boys, who want all of the latest types.
We get the scraps that fall off the production line.
E-assist bike spares/replacements, they'll be just like any other replaceable part, downright expensive.
You having another cuppa?

Keep yer snaw please....
Hovering just below freezing here (0.3c)..

An e-bike might help me if I'm going portable with the set up, added weight, a fair bit more than normal..
just waiting on email saying it's on its way but at least 21 day turn around
so no hurry....
I have the ancillary stuff to sort out and source....
other stuff going on just now more important so it'll have to wait anyway..
I know someone who works in a well known truck building company who said at one point they had trouble sourcing their truck type engines as supplier was supplying a massive Internet company (and others) with them for their server farms (?)....don't ask, too complex for me.
Apparently they reminded the company who put them there....and supplies started again.

About to have another, Toodles and granny are out and about and due home soon.

The WX forecast thing on my WX console is flashing SNOW clouds...yellow alert from 12.00 - 15.00 tomorrow..

classic33

Leg End Member
Keep yer snaw please....
Hovering just below freezing here (0.3c)..

An e-bike might help me if I'm going portable with the set up, added weight, a fair bit more than normal..
just waiting on email saying it's on its way but at least 21 day turn around
so no hurry....
I have the ancillary stuff to sort out and source....
other stuff going on just now more important so it'll have to wait anyway..
I know someone who works in a well known truck building company who said at one point they had trouble sourcing their truck type engines as supplier was supplying a massive Internet company (and others) with them for their server farms (?)....don't ask, too complex for me.
Apparently they reminded the company who put them there....and supplies started again.

About to have another, Toodles and granny are out and about and due home soon.

The WX forecast thing on my WX console is flashing SNOW clouds...yellow alert from 12.00 - 15.00 tomorrow..
Well the rain were returned to you, we got snow to replace it.
Around the same, possibly a bit warmer here.

You'd be looking at ways of running other stuff of the battery, limiting yer range.
You got an e-assist on its way?
What's tha building now?
They seem to forget who helped move them in fairly fast these days.

Toodles snowed in, could you manage.

Checking on the phone it's showing cloudy with a chance of sunshine and 8C present. Look outside and it's snowing. Not deep and crisp and even, but still white.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Well the rain were returned to you, we got snow to replace it.
Around the same, possibly a bit warmer here.

You'd be looking at ways of running other stuff of the battery, limiting yer range.
You got an e-assist on its way?
What's tha building now?
They seem to forget who helped move them in fairly fast these days.

Toodles snowed in, could you manage.

Checking on the phone it's showing cloudy with a chance of sunshine and 8C present. Look outside and it's snowing. Not deep and crisp and even, but still white.

Money is going on this extra stuff radio wise,
will look at e-bike conversion at some point,
think I posted the yoo toob video of the one I fancy...

Cloudy skies coming from the SE and E so hopefully cloud cover if not snow will keep temps up,
hopefully get Beag home but the whirlwind is an overnighter...

the thing about the engines, they are used to drive cooling units for banks of servers, (not got a clue how)..

Got an image about portable setup so gives me an idea of what to do....
output power is 2.5 watts so not really power hungry, radio for to run it has an internal battery but tbh battery may need replaced..
might look and see if a bigger capacity one available.
I've a pal who runs the same set up (13cm) one so will have a chat if I can find him..

classic33

Leg End Member
Money is going on this extra stuff radio wise,
will look at e-bike conversion at some point,
think I posted the yoo toob video of the one I fancy...

Cloudy skies coming from the SE and E so hopefully cloud cover if not snow will keep temps up,
hopefully get Beag home but the whirlwind is an overnighter...

the thing about the engines, they are used to drive cooling units for banks of servers, (not got a clue how)..

Got an image about portable setup so gives me an idea of what to do....
output power is 2.5 watts so not really power hungry, radio for to run it has an internal battery but tbh battery may need replaced..
might look and see if a bigger capacity one available.
I've a pal who runs the same set up (13cm) one so will have a chat if I can find him..
You still got yer mind set on a working microwave setup.
Yer legs not quite given up on you yet then. Still pedalling along.

There's cloud cover and snow, just over an inch now, down here, and still the temperature isn't much above freezing.
You get snow you'll have to take her out in it. Toughen her up... And have a snowball fight with the Young Un.

They'll be driving fans pulling/pushing the air past the servers. Possibly pipework that has coolant in them, that are around the servers.
Often cheaper and more efficient than mains electric powered systems for the same job. Might even be used as permanent portable generators.

Image in yer head or have you started putting it onto paper. What'll be going where, that sort o'thing.
What's your definition of portable. Anything you can carry yourself or on yer bike.
Can't you just put an APB out on him?

Top Bottom