Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Maybe, but I bet you there were a few folk on that train complaining about being late again.
They tried is the main thing. Unless it went against local knowledge of what the weather can be like in the area.

233/4" [/SIZE=2] X 173/4" still a fair size print. That what your trip to the South Side was for?
How about on a wall, preferably inside. Where you can keep yer eye on it, and yer mind on getting back up to the peak.
Settled yet?
Who you backing?

It'll be Friday tomorrow!

all 24 hours of it...
I used to laugh at the keenness or them gritting at night in late Nov..
Xmas pay?
I only had telly on last night as a background noise,
at one point I hadn't noticed it doing it's every 120 mins switch off..

I think I might get the marigolds out today..

might

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all :hello:
The year is running out rapidly..
will '24 be any different?:cuppa:
Owdo
It'll soon be just another year gone by
Well, we get an extra day in 24 for starters.

classic33

Leg End Member
all 24 hours of it...
I used to laugh at the keenness or them gritting at night in late Nov..
Xmas pay?
I only had telly on last night as a background noise,
at one point I hadn't noticed it doing it's every 120 mins switch off..

I think I might get the marigolds out today..

might
Just over ten hours in does it feel any different?
Sounds like you miss doing it.
Christmas pay in November?
That bad.
Maybe it's been checking if you notice it switching itself off, kinda like a test.
It is one of those "smart" Telly's in't it.
You get any further than thinking?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Just over ten hours in does it feel any different?
Sounds like you miss doing it.
Christmas pay in November?
That bad.
Maybe it's been checking if you notice it switching itself off, kinda like a test.
It is one of those "smart" Telly's in't it.
You get any further than thinking?

My gritting days were doing on the back of a Bedford lorry, hand balling the mix into a self propelled spreader being towed.
None of this roasting hot cabs with big hopper and spreader already attached.
Gritting was hard work in the early 70s...and cold.
We started at the depot and gritted the main road through the fading holiday town then it was try and get oop a big steep road until the point where we met the burgh boundary, it was a very steep rise...spells every 100m...two of us outside...
aye, it were grand.....not

They worked as much OT as possible mid Nov to Mid Dec as it then got paid in pre Xmas pay poke....

It is a smart telly right enough..
smart sometimes has its benefits..
coming home yesterday I switched our lower floor heating on as we were in the middle of Glasgow...
mind every appliance is slowly becoming smart as selling off yer infos is big business nowadays.
You only have to search for something and next thing, you get ads for similar stuff.
I was in a Chinese site, t'other night and voila, all ladies clothing..
Mrs M had been looking at jumpers..
and me wondering what I'd been looking at in my sleep :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
My gritting days were doing on the back of a Bedford lorry, hand balling the mix into a self propelled spreader being towed.
None of this roasting hot cabs with big hopper and spreader already attached.
Gritting was hard work in the early 70s...and cold.
We started at the depot and gritted the main road through the fading holiday town then it was try and get oop a big steep road until the point where we met the burgh boundary, it was a very steep rise...spells every 100m...two of us outside...
aye, it were grand.....not

They worked as much OT as possible mid Nov to Mid Dec as it then got paid in pre Xmas pay poke....

It is a smart telly right enough..
smart sometimes has its benefits..
coming home yesterday I switched our lower floor heating on as we were in the middle of Glasgow...
mind every appliance is slowly becoming smart as selling off yer infos is big business nowadays.
You only have to search for something and next thing, you get ads for similar stuff.
I was in a Chinese site, t'other night and voila, all ladies clothing..
Mrs M had been looking at jumpers..
and me wondering what I'd been looking at in my sleep :laugh:
They don't know what hard work is these days, just sit in the cab driving round until empty.
You'd not take up the chance if it were offered to you then.

"Bull Month", makes sense.

Might be "smart", but does it do the same job any better. A question I ask when I'm looking at replacing anything.
Beats coming home to a cold house.
Didn't Tomorrow's World show a house of the future in the 70's where every device talked to each other. Making a shopping list as they noted you running low on stuff?
Don't buy a smart fridge whatever you do in that case.

You sure it weren't you looking fer stuff in yer sleep?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
They don't know what hard work is these days, just sit in the cab driving round until empty.
You'd not take up the chance if it were offered to you then.

"Bull Month", makes sense.

Might be "smart", but does it do the same job any better. A question I ask when I'm looking at replacing anything.
Beats coming home to a cold house.
Didn't Tomorrow's World show a house of the future in the 70's where every device talked to each other. Making a shopping list as they noted you running low on stuff?
Don't buy a smart fridge whatever you do in that case.

You sure it weren't you looking fer stuff in yer sleep?

Nah, I'm well retired..

Turned up at the place of 'dibs'..
only one other turned up..
waited 20 mins and headed home....
Tomorrows World was a good programme..
they can only make those crappy lifestyle celebrity junk things now...

I don't need a smart fridge, I know how much chilled liquid I possess....

classic33

Leg End Member
Nah, I'm well retired..

Turned up at the place of 'dibs'..
only one other turned up..
waited 20 mins and headed home....
Tomorrows World was a good programme..
they can only make those crappy lifestyle celebrity junk things now...

I don't need a smart fridge, I know how much chilled liquid I possess....
Not even to show the young un's what hard work was? Then watch as they have a go.

Getting ready for the end!
Surprised more didn't turn out for the last one of the year though.
Any plans made between the two of you for next year, or was it a cuppa and a biscuit before you headed home.
T'were good for its time. Giving some insight into what we may be living with. Not much to match it on telly now though.
Those ones where they've the voting system the wrong way round.
There's too many of them on telly...

You might know, but who would yer fridge be talking to?

classic33

Leg End Member
Owdo up there from missen down here

You need an excuse for a cuppa!

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Not even to show the young un's what hard work was? Then watch as they have a go.

Getting ready for the end!
Surprised more didn't turn out for the last one of the year though.
Any plans made between the two of you for next year, or was it a cuppa and a biscuit before you headed home.
T'were good for its time. Giving some insight into what we may be living with. Not much to match it on telly now though.
Those ones where they've the voting system the wrong way round.
There's too many of them on telly...

You might know, but who would yer fridge be talking to?

They all report back to base, buried very deep in the even smaller print than usual.

Funny thing was, they asked if we should open on the 29th, aye said the bulk of the assembled.
I want brownie points....

minus 2.2c earlier and a white coating to everything, still at 1c below so :cold:.
I haven't been and no intentions (so far)

I think it may be what todays audience want as discussion on some internet forums is pages long, Twatter (or X) etc is rife with opinions.
People take these thing like master***** type programs if its life and death....
Crap, cheap TV

classic33

Leg End Member
They all report back to base, buried very deep in the even smaller print than usual.

Funny thing was, they asked if we should open on the 29th, aye said the bulk of the assembled.
I want brownie points....

minus 2.2c earlier and a white coating to everything, still at 1c below so :cold:.
I haven't been and no intentions (so far)

I think it may be what todays audience want as discussion on some internet forums is pages long, Twatter (or X) etc is rife with opinions.
People take these thing like master***** type programs if its life and death....
Crap, cheap TV
They'll know what you drink now. Local shops will "run out" at the same time you do. And where yer chocolate stash is!

Poor show on behalf of the no-shows, that being the case.

Above freezing here, light's been an odd colour since it started getting light this morning.

Used to be able to learn stuff off the telly, now it's nearly all this type of programme. People making money, from those daft enough to vote, from idiots thinking they're first class telly material.
I avoid watching any of them.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
They'll know what you drink now. Local shops will "run out" at the same time you do. And where yer chocolate stash is!

Poor show on behalf of the no-shows, that being the case.

Above freezing here, light's been an odd colour since it started getting light this morning.

Used to be able to learn stuff off the telly, now it's nearly all this type of programme. People making money, from those daft enough to vote, from idiots thinking they're first class telly material.
I avoid watching any of them.

I have lots of choc..
Xmas time is good to me

Top Bottom