Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've been getting trained since 1976..
no more, it would have to be intensive at my age..
I would buy a house high on a hillside with extensive views s and SW...if I won lots of money.
2x 17 element yagis high on a lattice tower.. minimum

the meshcom thing I got going, I have to get a NOV (notice of variation) to run a gateway so waste of time just to ping a server in Wien...
trying something else tomorrow (maybe)
Trained in what, and were you paying attention.
Everything is intensive these days, it's the new normal.
If. Your numbers/postcode came up on the lottery!
Would that be sufficient for yer needs, or would you be adding to/replacing it shortly after.

You hadn't built a set of bionic legs? Just a meshcom thing. I were looking forward to yer first trial run with them.
What hoops, and how much would a notice of variation have cost. Would it have been worth the paperwork alone?

Can't you just hack the server with yer radio. Similar to how the bloke did the car in the video.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Good morning :hello:
The start of another week...
not long to Santa:eek:

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Trained in what, and were you paying attention.
Everything is intensive these days, it's the new normal.
If. Your numbers/postcode came up on the lottery!
Would that be sufficient for yer needs, or would you be adding to/replacing it shortly after.

You hadn't built a set of bionic legs? Just a meshcom thing. I were looking forward to yer first trial run with them.
What hoops, and how much would a notice of variation have cost. Would it have been worth the paperwork alone?

Can't you just hack the server with yer radio. Similar to how the bloke did the car in the video.

Dunno if it would work with my car..
might work with the Clio, mmmmm.
IF we won the lottery, Mrs M would give it all away to the family..
me ? I'd buy radios, I give them a tenner voucher, nobody will call me miserable:laugh:

I'd have to apply for something I might not use much tbh...
might try the other thing later on, once I'm awake..
minds a bit lethargic today..
need coffee badly

classic33

Leg End Member
Dunno if it would work with my car..
might work with the Clio, mmmmm.
IF we won the lottery, Mrs M would give it all away to the family..
me ? I'd buy radios, I give them a tenner voucher, nobody will call me miserable:laugh:

I'd have to apply for something I might not use much tbh...
might try the other thing later on, once I'm awake..
minds a bit lethargic today..
need coffee badly
Too small for your car. Different wiring...
Papa!
She'd give you a say in where it went, wouldn't she. No point in giving it all away if it leaves you short.
Or just one "decent" radio setup, that does everything. Plus a few new handsets, for when yer out and about.
Ten pound voucher is better than nowt.

Sorta figured that bit. "Apply for" makes it sound so easy though.
There is no try, only do...
Once you start down the dark path you'll be wondering why you didn't put the light on.
Overworked yesterday, I prescribe a rest day.
Too late in the day for coffee.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
Wet start to another week.
Which list are you on though, and did you write your letter to him.
The only list here is Bob leaning to starboard after a few too many :laugh:
We've sleet at present. Maybe snow later!
Dry but cold, icy patches spotted in car parks when out
Too small for your car. Different wiring...
Papa!
She'd give you a say in where it went, wouldn't she. No point in giving it all away if it leaves you short.
Or just one "decent" radio setup, that does everything. Plus a few new handsets, for when yer out and about.
Ten pound voucher is better than nowt.

Sorta figured that bit. "Apply for" makes it sound so easy though.
There is no try, only do...
Once you start down the dark path you'll be wondering why you didn't put the light on.
Overworked yesterday, I prescribe a rest day.
Too late in the day for coffee.
bob ping.jpg

Dunno if that'll show up, now pinging a server......
blacked over part of my call....
a space between letter and number was removed.....
I'd a free supermarket coffee, lovely it was..

Beag will be here soon, better get the heating on..
mulling over buying a small desk type heater for my shack rather than sticking the upstairs heating on, normally doesn't bother me but around freezing it can have a chill.

off for basic coffee

I've plenty handies TBF

classic33

Leg End Member
The only list here is Bob leaning to starboard after a few too many :laugh:

Dry but cold, icy patches spotted in car parks when out

View attachment 714692
Dunno if that'll show up, now pinging a server......
blacked over part of my call....
a space between letter and number was removed.....
I'd a free supermarket coffee, lovely it was..

Beag will be here soon, better get the heating on..
mulling over buying a small desk type heater for my shack rather than sticking the upstairs heating on, normally doesn't bother me but around freezing it can have a chill.

off for basic coffee

I've plenty handies TBF
At that time of day!
Were you late with the coffee, or had too much?
He'll not be stopping off at your place then. Does the Young 'Un know yet?

Eased off entirely for the afternoon, but still looking as though it could fall anytime.

Just about readable on a mobile phone.
What does pinging a server get you. Other than maybe into trouble.
Question Time:- If I didn't know your callsign was yours, how would I go about getting hold of you on the radio. Rather than hoping for chance to play its hand?
Free supermarket coffee!
How much did you spend.

Can't have her coming into a cold house, at her age.
Have a gander at some of the smaller storage heaters, they can be better value overall. Fan heaters seem to have fallen out of favour over the last few years. So, there's a chance you might get a bargain.

Not one of those ones where you get chocolate sprinkles on top, with syrup and extra milk, served up lukewarm in a paper cup.

How many can you use at once though?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
At that time of day!
Were you late with the coffee, or had too much?
He'll not be stopping off at your place then. Does the Young 'Un know yet?

Eased off entirely for the afternoon, but still looking as though it could fall anytime.

Just about readable on a mobile phone.
What does pinging a server get you. Other than maybe into trouble.
Question Time:- If I didn't know your callsign was yours, how would I go about getting hold of you on the radio. Rather than hoping for chance to play its hand?
Free supermarket coffee!
How much did you spend.

Can't have her coming into a cold house, at her age.
Have a gander at some of the smaller storage heaters, they can be better value overall. Fan heaters seem to have fallen out of favour over the last few years. So, there's a chance you might get a bargain.

Not one of those ones where you get chocolate sprinkles on top, with syrup and extra milk, served up lukewarm in a paper cup.

How many can you use at once though?

I have a radiator in my wee room but not worth firing on all the radiators upstairs just to up the temp here, I thought a mini heater which TBH would be on for a minute or two.. I'll mull over it.

It just get you on the list LOL, no real purpose to it, did get a welcome message from an Austrian ham though..
I've been running the board on a single 18650 battery and it eats them, lucky they are rechargeable, there is a GPS chip on it constantly working so .......
I'll have another board so maybe I'll set that up once I solder a tiny wee screen unit on to it....
micro soldering though...might need a stiff drink or two to steady my hand :rolleyes:

Free coffee?
Latte as seems no white coffee available, no minimum purchase.
I'll take free...Mrs M pays for the shopping (technically I pay 50%)
Basic coffee does me, none of those poncy extras.

I could use two to talk to myself...I know I could use one for that but that would be cheating..
G'mund is 1.5c and Brunn/Geb is 2.5c according over the net SMS's.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have a radiator in my wee room but not worth firing on all the radiators upstairs just to up the temp here, I thought a mini heater which TBH would be on for a minute or two.. I'll mull over it.

It just get you on the list LOL, no real purpose to it, did get a welcome message from an Austrian ham though..
I've been running the board on a single 18650 battery and it eats them, lucky they are rechargeable, there is a GPS chip on it constantly working so .......
I'll have another board so maybe I'll set that up once I solder a tiny wee screen unit on to it....
micro soldering though...might need a stiff drink or two to steady my hand :rolleyes:

Free coffee?
Latte as seems no white coffee available, no minimum purchase.
I'll take free...Mrs M pays for the shopping (technically I pay 50%)
Basic coffee does me, none of those poncy extras.

I could use two to talk to myself...I know I could use one for that but that would be cheating..
G'mund is 1.5c and Brunn/Geb is 2.5c according over the net SMS's.
For only a wee room, with one person to worry about, you may well be right.

On a wee list that records when, where and who by. And into a select club as well.
Take it solar power wouldn't be up to powering the unit. What'll the screen allow you to do?
Ice pop on either arm should be stiff enough.

One of those fancy "coffees" then.
Not even just a plain white coffee.
They offer it to keep you instore then.
Afraid that you'd spend money elsewhere. You took a breather whilst someone carried on pushing the trolley.
Don't blame you either.

Suppose you started answering yourself. Would it prove anything?

What °C is it near you, a smidgen under 3°C at present here.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
For only a wee room, with one person to worry about, you may well be right.

On a wee list that records when, where and who by. And into a select club as well.
Take it solar power wouldn't be up to powering the unit. What'll the screen allow you to do?
Ice pop on either arm should be stiff enough.

One of those fancy "coffees" then.
Not even just a plain white coffee.
They offer it to keep you instore then.
Afraid that you'd spend money elsewhere. You took a breather whilst someone carried on pushing the trolley.
Don't blame you either.

Suppose you started answering yourself. Would it prove anything?

What °C is it near you, a smidgen under 3°C at present here.

4.8c here just now, cloud cover...
I have a 24something power bank with a solar panel thing on it, it never really lasted long (seconds) on my board(same board) that does the cubesats so not holding out much hope for this project as apparently it wasn't drawing enough from the power bank, I'll let it run overnight and see, other board runs with a power bank which tops up during the day when the tower is running, I get just over two days of it before it fails...
Ironically I buy their italian brand coffee so the chance of a freebie isn't refused.
Cafe Nero apparently the freebie....

Had enough for today, Alice awaits, I better switch off the app messaging alert..
some OE bloke must have spotted me getting back and got a gute nacht ...
Toodlepip !

classic33

Leg End Member
4.8c here just now, cloud cover...
I have a 24something power bank with a solar panel thing on it, it never really lasted long (seconds) on my board(same board) that does the cubesats so not holding out much hope for this project as apparently it wasn't drawing enough from the power bank, I'll let it run overnight and see, other board runs with a power bank which tops up during the day when the tower is running, I get just over two days of it before it fails...
Ironically I buy their italian brand coffee so the chance of a freebie isn't refused.
Cafe Nero apparently the freebie....

Had enough for today, Alice awaits, I better switch off the app messaging alert..
some OE bloke must have spotted me getting back and got a gute nacht ...
Toodlepip !
We've a fog trying to work its way down the valley at present.

Good job you decided on rechargeable batteries. Sounds as though you'd be spending a fortune on batteries otherwise. Or shares in a battery factory!

These boards, are they "talking" to the cube SAT's or pinging a server?
How old is the power bank, was it giving good mileage before you tried it on the board.

Italian branded coffee?
Wouldn't turn down a freebie myself. Well not the first time anyway.

You'll be getting visited soon if you carry on with Alice...
How many alerts are you receiving? Enough to stop you getting to sleep, or enough to run the battery down overnight.
Alice's husband/partner?

Sithi

Bobby Mhor

Guru
We've a fog trying to work its way down the valley at present.

Good job you decided on rechargeable batteries. Sounds as though you'd be spending a fortune on batteries otherwise. Or shares in a battery factory!

These boards, are they "talking" to the cube SAT's or pinging a server?
How old is the power bank, was it giving good mileage before you tried it on the board.

Italian branded coffee?
Wouldn't turn down a freebie myself. Well not the first time anyway.

You'll be getting visited soon if you carry on with Alice...
How many alerts are you receiving? Enough to stop you getting to sleep, or enough to run the battery down overnight.
Alice's husband/partner?

Sithi

Have to say the unit is eating batteries albeit it rechargeable ones, 18650s are iffy but good batteries.
One not taking a charge now so in the bit it'll go..

Had it off overnight, just can't get USB ports to stay on when computers are off...

Alice?
of course, I mean heading to sleep and wonderland (dreamland) not the character..
handy for a midnight cuppa though..

alerts? 3 in last 15 mins as they all sent GM and WX texts...

Top Bottom