Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Haddock (kippers this week) for me, smoked salmon for the XYL..
I wouldn't thank you for salmon or rainbow troot..
wild salmon, aye.....

Nah, the switch just failed so did the bypass job, bought net switch/dead man thingy , fitted it and checked all connections, power getting to it and still nothing, been like that since...
I used flymos quite a bit at work and when they changed the two-stroke model for four stroke, jeez, a BIG difference, pisspoor but I was using them in a so called professional manner, lousy at hovering on bankings...
quite funny the storeman could sell you a Flymo for £90 and make money, cooncil bought off the same company and paid 160 for one.
all legit and above board as well.
My money is also hers and hers is hers too :laugh:
How many kippers have you had so far this week then. And what's the kitchen like now. Enterable, if only for short periods?
Had salmon caught on the River Moy in Foxford. Would that count as wild?

Fubared then?
Never just run the mains lead straight to the motor?
Council here had a similar deal with a local dealer. Then they got shut of their own maintenance team, giving the same dealer the service contract. They've recently just bought a radio controlled/robotic mower through them.
Remember the local playing fields being cut with petrol engined mowers on a rope. Save them walking along the banking with the mowers.
Yours is hers, you've none for yerssen!!

Bobby Mhor

Guru
How many kippers have you had so far this week then. And what's the kitchen like now. Enterable, if only for short periods?
Had salmon caught on the River Moy in Foxford. Would that count as wild?

Fubared then?
Never just run the mains lead straight to the motor?
Council here had a similar deal with a local dealer. Then they got shut of their own maintenance team, giving the same dealer the service contract. They've recently just bought a radio controlled/robotic mower through them.
Remember the local playing fields being cut with petrol engined mowers on a rope. Save them walking along the banking with the mowers.
Yours is hers, you've none for yerssen!!

Wild? they'd be raging at being caught :laugh:
Cooncils are rotten..
I saw lots over the years I were there.
I don't need money she says,
I'd only buy sweeties..

I was about 5 or 6 and found a ten bob note, I ran over to the wee local shop and asked for sweeties..
shop closed and lady took me home,
ended up at plod and got it back 6 months later.....

Time for that....
think I'm getting stoned in the morning....

classic33

Leg End Member
Wild? they'd be raging at being caught :laugh:
Cooncils are rotten..
I saw lots over the years I were there.
I don't need money she says,
I'd only buy sweeties..

I was about 5 or 6 and found a ten bob note, I ran over to the wee local shop and asked for sweeties..
shop closed and lady took me home,
ended up at plod and got it back 6 months later.....

Time for that....
think I'm getting stoned in the morning....
They weren't too keen on coming out of the water, I can say that much.
Some of the stuff I've seen would have me inside if it were me that were doing it. But some of them couldn't care less, until they get caught.
What's wrong with sweeties, your cough gone yet?

Did you buy sweeties when you got it back, at the shop where you were dobbed in to dibble?
I'd have been back there like a shot, once I got it back.

Just in case, where'd you hide yer money?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
They weren't too keen on coming out of the water, I can say that much.
Some of the stuff I've seen would have me inside if it were me that were doing it. But some of them couldn't care less, until they get caught.
What's wrong with sweeties, your cough gone yet?

Did you buy sweeties when you got it back, at the shop where you were dobbed in to dibble?
I'd have been back there like a shot, once I got it back.

Just in case, where'd you hide yer money?

Most probably my mum got it..
I would have just spent the lot on sweets, like I'd do now (Mrs M keeps my sugar intake low)
I could see why the were one of the most counterfeited notes, always looked washed out..

Hide money? in the bosses' purse..

classic33

Leg End Member
Most probably my mum got it..
I would have just spent the lot on sweets, like I'd do now (Mrs M keeps my sugar intake low)
I could see why the were one of the most counterfeited notes, always looked washed out..

Hide money? in the bosses' purse..
Probably for the best.
Imagine the amount of sweeties you could have bought with it though. Now there'd be no such questions asked, or action taken.
Similar with the five pound note that came after the "Wellington" fiver.

It'll be safe there.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning.:hello:

Have you had lots of wet stuff through there too? Couldn't believe how high the river was this morning. Brown and flowing really fast. It all goes in cycles. Paying for the long dry spell now.
No wet stuff here and they've promised us a warm, dry weekend.
It'll chuck it down tomorrow...

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Morning.:hello:

Have you had lots of wet stuff through there too? Couldn't believe how high the river was this morning. Brown and flowing really fast. It all goes in cycles. Paying for the long dry spell now.

Sorry Mo..
I disappeared not long after I posted eastwards..
Been torrential sometimes with some steady rain
but glad it saves me watering the plants..
Yep, all that long cold spell in the winter has turned around to have that long dry hot spell.
All this rain will have filled a lot of rivers with salmon, if any fish are left.....

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
Almost, yum kipper day okay?

They got put in the freezer
Probably for the best.
Imagine the amount of sweeties you could have bought with it though. Now there'd be no such questions asked, or action taken.
Similar with the five pound note that came after the "Wellington" fiver.

It'll be safe there.

wonder how much it would be worth in todays figures..
£11.50p?

No time to look for the gas stove today, maybe tomorrow.
usual place tonight...

classic33

Leg End Member
They got put in the freezer

wonder how much it would be worth in todays figures..
£11.50p?

No time to look for the gas stove today, maybe tomorrow.
usual place tonight...
They weren't smoked kippers then. Putting them in the freezer, doesn't it spoil them?

Less than half that I'd say. Might be wrong. But a mint 10 Bob note isn't worth £10.

You could have taken the kippers, give them a cooking lesson. And have them clearing up afterwards.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
It's another rainy day :hello:
Hopefully not for you BUT
flash.jpg

Flash, bang, wallop (10.32 local)
No tin hats or golf please today...

Bobby Mhor

Guru
They weren't smoked kippers then. Putting them in the freezer, doesn't it spoil them?

Less than half that I'd say. Might be wrong. But a mint 10 Bob note isn't worth £10.

You could have taken the kippers, give them a cooking lesson. And have them clearing up afterwards.

The way I sometime work it out is beer prices, example I earned 22 quids in 1970..
pint was 1/10d so 10 pints approx to the 1 quid.....
haven't clue of the cost of a pub pint night...
to put it in perspective..
I DJ'ed early to mid 70s and got 2 quid a night for a 7 to 10pm (mon-sat), moved to THAT place I met Mrs M and got a fiver for 7 to 11, I'd hit the big time....got offered to do a monthly one at local theatre but it never came off at 20 quids...wow even got a crisp 20 note as goodwill sign on fee:laugh: I moved back to the bad lands of Spam Island from the fading seaside resort within weeks but would still have made sure I'd have been there.
Radio One is glad they missed me..

Off to do my domestics to my Rollers playlist.

Top Bottom