Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Good afternoon.. :hello:
Took advantage of the lovely sunny blue sky day..
and took a run up to my favourite all time place..
the mountain might give it away..
IMG_0222.jpeg

I still cannot make up my mind, a sunny, blue sky or wild clouds whipping over the tops on a grey day.
Nine years ago was the last time standing on the summit of Stob Dearg (right)and Stob Na Doire (middle)...
brings a lump to ma throat.....

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Kaboom, you expecting a growth explosion? Especially given yer using something that has been used to make explosives. Chicken poo...
May be cheaper, but does it give the same satisfaction when eaten, I doubt it.
No tomatoes! What'll you use on yer salads? Hope that pepper doesn't get too lonely, all by itself. Poor pepper...
If it's not ready, who's to blame.

Enjoy yer day out tomorrow.

Aye, a grand day out..
took in this on the way home at Connal
IMG_0241.JPEG

The famous Falls of (middle Mhor child name)
Canoeists were queing up at left hand bridge support to race down the white water created by the tide running off...

Tomatoes weren't as good last year so we'll see for next year....
aye, lovely round trip, to Stirling , Crianlarich, Tyndrum, thru Glencoe, Ballachulish, Connel then Tyndrum retrace our steps back home....

classic33

Leg End Member
Good afternoon.. :hello:
Took advantage of the lovely sunny blue sky day..
and took a run up to my favourite all time place..
the mountain might give it away..
View attachment 686156

I still cannot make up my mind, a sunny, blue sky or wild clouds whipping over the tops on a grey day.
Nine years ago was the last time standing on the summit of Stob Dearg (right)and Stob Na Doire (middle)...
brings a lump to ma throat.....
Owdo
A lump in yer throat. Given the size of that, I'm not surprised. Eat it all in in the one go, or just sat and let yerssen soak up the atmosphere?
Take it you didn't reach the summit today. There'd be grand views, from the top, on a day like today.
If you didn't, you need to be making plans to get up there, before nine becomes ten.

Looking up at, as per the photo, I'd say grey day with clouds shrouding the summits. Give a menacing, mean feel to it. At the top, a clear day as in the photo.

classic33

Leg End Member
Aye, a grand day out..
took in this on the way home at Connal
View attachment 686157
The famous Falls of (middle Mhor child name)
Canoeists were queing up at left hand bridge support to race down the white water created by the tide running off...

Tomatoes weren't as good last year so we'll see for next year....
aye, lovely round trip, to Stirling , Crianlarich, Tyndrum, thru Glencoe, Ballachulish, Connel then Tyndrum retrace our steps back home....
Did you take a picnic basket with you?
You realise that you'll have to go back, in the depths of winter, to catch the other side to that picture.
Maybe take yer canoe with you...

Quality or quantity wise?

You still compiling yer list of Maccy D's in which you've had a free coffee.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
A lump in yer throat. Given the size of that, I'm not surprised. Eat it all in in the one go, or just sat and let yerssen soak up the atmosphere?
Take it you didn't reach the summit today. There'd be grand views, from the top, on a day like today.
If you didn't, you need to be making plans to get up there, before nine becomes ten.

Looking up at, as per the photo, I'd say grey day with clouds shrouding the summits. Give a menacing, mean feel to it. At the top, a clear day as in the photo.

Did you take a picnic basket with you?
You realise that you'll have to go back, in the depths of winter, to catch the other side to that picture.
Maybe take yer canoe with you...

Quality or quantity wise?

You still compiling yer list of Maccy D's in which you've had a free coffee.

The Buachaille just does it for me....
I spent every second weekend for about two years sleeping in its shadow (77-79), firstly in a tent then lastly in a well known bothy we got an invite to use.....I'll scan a couple of photos if I can find them....

No picnic basket, food stop on the way punting slice rolls at £3.95..
I jst starved until we got home..
Haven't had a Maccy's cafe in ages...

classic33

Leg End Member
The Buachaille just does it for me....
I spent every second weekend for about two years sleeping in its shadow (77-79), firstly in a tent then lastly in a well known bothy we got an invite to use.....I'll scan a couple of photos if I can find them....

No picnic basket, food stop on the way punting slice rolls at £3.95..
I jst starved until we got home..
Haven't had a Maccy's cafe in ages...
See, you just have to get back under canvas and the night sky.

No picnic basket, no real food stops! That's cruel...
No need to have an entire Maccy's cafe, just one or two coffees.
Don't want to overdo things, you'll be stuffed.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
See, you just have to get back under canvas and the night sky.

No picnic basket, no real food stops! That's cruel...
No need to have an entire Maccy's cafe, just one or two coffees.
Don't want to overdo things, you'll be stuffed.

I like my comfort too much..
after a hot and bothered day, sitting in a pool in a highland stream with a bar of soap isn't my thing now...
it was cold, freeing even in summer, winter? brrrrrrrrr.
No car either, buses to get there, train to Bishpton, bus to across the bridge the bus to G/coe, if early we'd thumb it, rucksack and boots got you a lift no problem.....more beer money, first one to thumb took the tent...
See THIS

classic33

Leg End Member
I like my comfort too much..
after a hot and bothered day, sitting in a pool in a highland stream with a bar of soap isn't my thing now...
it was cold, freeing even in summer, winter? brrrrrrrrr.
No car either, buses to get there, train to Bishpton, bus to across the bridge the bus to G/coe, if early we'd thumb it, rucksack and boots got you a lift no problem.....more beer money, first one to thumb took the tent...
See THIS
Feet up at the end of the day, warm and dry...
A latterday Scottish "Donegal Danny"?
Aside from a longer walk to where you'd be sleeping, otherwise there appears to be little change.
The water'd be colder nowadays, possibly. You'd have to try to be certain though.

A decent walk, to and from the pub, of your choice.
Can't be you in those photos, thought you said you'd no hair.

Interesting read. Yer "En Suite" seems to be running low, who pulled the plug, go on, own up...
Was it 36 years from 2014 or a more recent year?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Feet up at the end of the day, warm and dry...
A latterday Scottish "Donegal Danny"?
Aside from a longer walk to where you'd be sleeping, otherwise there appears to be little change.
The water'd be colder nowadays, possibly. You'd have to try to be certain though.

A decent walk, to and from the pub, of your choice.
Can't be you in those photos, thought you said you'd no hair.

Interesting read. Yer "En Suite" seems to be running low, who pulled the plug, go on, own up...
Was it 36 years from 2014 or a more recent year?

started the blog, jeez, 2009(?) or that was the original one(?)
kinda left but might do a wee update on what I'm up to to keep it ticking over

it was me,
you could see my ribs LOL..
Trust me, had to the break surface ice at times to get washed first thing in the morning mid winter..
possibly at the warmest when snow was lying..
Hotel was 2.3 miles as the crow flies away, didn't realise it was that far, longer if burn in spate....

The mountain just to the west is Buchaille Et,ve Beag, Beag as in the wee that's why our wee fella is Beag...
but now he is not the youngest...must get her a relevant name......

Off to log in to lots of apps on phone....

classic33

Leg End Member
started the blog, jeez, 2009(?) or that was the original one(?)
kinda left but might do a wee update on what I'm up to to keep it ticking over

it was me,
you could see my ribs LOL..
Trust me, had to the break surface ice at times to get washed first thing in the morning mid winter..
possibly at the warmest when snow was lying..
Hotel was 2.3 miles as the crow flies away, didn't realise it was that far, longer if burn in spate....

The mountain just to the west is Buchaille Et,ve Beag, Beag as in the wee that's why our wee fella is Beag...
but now he is not the youngest...must get her a relevant name......

Off to log in to lots of apps on phone....
That long ago...
As said, interesting reading. Might pop back to read a bit more about Mhor and his exploits in days gone by.

No updates in all that time! What have you been doing?
Breaking the ice first thing is a right of passage. One of those things once done you can regale the younger ones of what you did when you were their age. Watching their mouths open in disbelief.
The distant hotel explains why you chose camping though. Cheaper and not as tempted to book in for the night.
How many hotels have the kind of view that's given by the front of the tent, as you watch the sunrise or sunset
The times you added to the distance between hostelry and tent on the way back. Too many?

If they look similar, feature wise, could you not go along similar lines of naming them as the smallest.

Happy app filling.
Why isn't there an app for that?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
That long ago...
As said, interesting reading. Might pop back to read a bit more about Mhor and his exploits in days gone by.

No updates in all that time! What have you been doing?
Breaking the ice first thing is a right of passage. One of those things once done you can regale the younger ones of what you did when you were their age. Watching their mouths open in disbelief.
The distant hotel explains why you chose camping though. Cheaper and not as tempted to book in for the night.
How many hotels have the kind of view that's given by the front of the tent, as you watch the sunrise or sunset
The times you added to the distance between hostelry and tent on the way back. Too many?

If they look similar, feature wise, could you not go along similar lines of naming them as the smallest.

Happy app filling.
Why isn't there an app for that?

Last post was last Oct....
I'd a look at a hotel who we used a few times near the falls and jeez, I could get 3 nights plus all you eat brekkies at some places if I booked well in advance for the cost of one night,
I used to think it was the midges that deterred folk from coming back.....

Top Bottom