Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Isn't there a strong Scottish link with them, with "secrets" hidden in plain sight in a church stained glass Windows and stone carvings. Maize, unknown in this country at the time they were made.
Try Temple Newsham in Leeds, if you're still interested in them.

What side do you take with Earhart. Was she involved in secret work for the US government, prior to WWII or simply being aided by US naval ships in the Pacific.

Your right, side project doesn't sound too good.

Rosslyn Chapel, which I haven't visited..
isn't that far away..

They were welcomed here after Black Friday, rumours abound about the west coast..
Apparently they were at Bannockburn just in case we needed 'handers'...

Vikings were first into NA.....after founding a settlement in Newfoundland then headed south to Vinland but never got on too well with the natives.....
Have you read this before? think I may have mentioned it before

Wikipedia link

Miss Earhart..
once again, let's throw a conspiracy theory or two into the mix...
Nah, think she was just an adventuress of the old school...
if offered why not use any radio help especially in such an open stretch of water...
It's accepted she was an ordinary pilot.....
I'll look about for a YouTube video I saw recently (I don't keep my history)
done by an old timer, found it YOU TUBE LINK
I think somewhere there could be answers....
If the authorities were involved. the navigator could be that link...
If the bones hadn't disappeared in 1940 from Fiji (could be in the same place as the Holy Covenant, see Indiana Jones)

classic33

Leg End Member
Rosslyn Chapel, which I haven't visited..
isn't that far away..

They were welcomed here after Black Friday, rumours abound about the west coast..
Apparently they were at Bannockburn just in case we needed 'handers'...

Vikings were first into NA.....after founding a settlement in Newfoundland then headed south to Vinland but never got on too well with the natives.....
Have you read this before? think I may have mentioned it before

Wikipedia link

Miss Earhart..
once again, let's throw a conspiracy theory or two into the mix...
Nah, think she was just an adventuress of the old school...
if offered why not use any radio help especially in such an open stretch of water...
It's accepted she was an ordinary pilot.....
I'll look about for a YouTube video I saw recently (I don't keep my history)
done by an old timer, found it YOU TUBE LINK
I think somewhere there could be answers....
If the authorities were involved. the navigator could be that link...
If the bones hadn't disappeared in 1940 from Fiji (could be in the same place as the Holy Covenant, see Indiana Jones)
You're close, but haven't been.

Might they have been there to protect their money?
Do you think their support was needed, or could the Scots have managed on their own. Did they take part...

The Irish were there first, St. Brendan The Voyager.
Heard similar a few times. Even taught different at school, to what was accepted history at the time.

"Kurt" I've heard of, but the detail in the link is more than I remember.

Ordinary pilot, Earhart. Never!
Where would we be without conspiracy theories.
As for Fred, he were fond of the bottle, or the contents, if we trust some stories. Just what you need when you're flying over open ocean.
There were remains of a civilian aircraft found in recent years in the area where they disappeared.
Odd lights were reported by the Japanese as well.
The Indiana Jones link is a new one on me though. I thought the Arc of the Covenant was in a small church in Ethiopia.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
You're close, but haven't been.

Might they have been there to protect their money?
Do you think their support was needed, or could the Scots have managed on their own. Did they take part...

The Irish were there first, St. Brendan The Voyager.
Heard similar a few times. Even taught different at school, to what was accepted history at the time.

"Kurt" I've heard of, but the detail in the link is more than I remember.

Ordinary pilot, Earhart. Never!
Where would we be without conspiracy theories.
As for Fred, he were fond of the bottle, or the contents, if we trust some stories. Just what you need when you're flying over open ocean.
There were remains of a civilian aircraft found in recent years in the area where they disappeared.
Odd lights were reported by the Japanese as well.
The Indiana Jones link is a new one on me though. I thought the Arc of the Covenant was in a small church in Ethiopia.

Okay, St Paddy in his coracle, aye, possible....
in the end if wee Tony and his gang never did a three day dig on it, it's not important...

I think in Fred connection lies the answer...
any wreckage could be easily matched to the type of plane they flew..
I know some one who was/is trying to match a piece of spitfire wreckage (to create a memorial, with permission), not found out how they have got on....not many about here although a few have flown over, they run paid flights at nearby Cumbernauld once a year but at a tasty price.
Only one spitfire flew over, 20th July last year but this DB was created 14 months ago, I have other I could plod through.

I was talking about the big shed where stuff gets boxed up and forgot about.......

classic33

Leg End Member
Okay, St Paddy in his coracle, aye, possible....
in the end if wee Tony and his gang never did a three day dig on it, it's not important...

I think in Fred connection lies the answer...
any wreckage could be easily matched to the type of plane they flew..
I know some one who was/is trying to match a piece of spitfire wreckage (to create a memorial, with permission), not found out how they have got on....not many about here although a few have flown over, they run paid flights at nearby Cumbernauld once a year but at a tasty price.
Only one spitfire flew over, 20th July last year but this DB was created 14 months ago, I have other I could plod through.

I was talking about the big shed where stuff gets boxed up and forgot about.......
He'd have needed strong arms, and a fair amount of trust, to attempt it in one of those.

Possibly. A navigator fond of a tipple is just what's needed.
They found parts of the tailwing assembly of a Lockheed aircraft, being used to cover a shallow pit.
Wouldn't they have used the spitfire as a defense for the shipyards round those parts.
They've to make them pay somehow if they want to keep them. Let alone keep them flying.

Big shed?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
He'd have needed strong arms, and a fair amount of trust, to attempt it in one of those.

Possibly. A navigator fond of a tipple is just what's needed.
They found parts of the tailwing assembly of a Lockheed aircraft, being used to cover a shallow pit.
Wouldn't they have used the spitfire as a defense for the shipyards round those parts.
They've to make them pay somehow if they want to keep them. Let alone keep them flying.

Big shed?

Big shed, the repository where they just 'lose' things, I guess.

Spitfire flew out of Balado (known more for being the T in the Park music venue),
east coast duties I'd imagine..

No GPS, ACARS or HFDL plus satellite comms in those days..
what I cannot get is that planes can turn this stuff off, surely best interest if long distance had to report every ?? mins their position etc.
I've a plane over Jura just now, picked up just E of Sunderland and received over 22,000 'messages' from it (ADSB-which is law).
It was a speck of micro dust in vast space.

maybe the yanks ain't telling us something.

classic33

Leg End Member
Big shed, the repository where they just 'lose' things, I guess.

Spitfire flew out of Balado (known more for being the T in the Park music venue),
east coast duties I'd imagine..

No GPS, ACARS or HFDL plus satellite comms in those days..
what I cannot get is that planes can turn this stuff off, surely best interest if long distance had to report every ?? mins their position etc.
I've a plane over Jura just now, picked up just E of Sunderland and received over 22,000 'messages' from it (ADSB-which is law).
It was a speck of micro dust in vast space.

maybe the yanks ain't telling us something.
Didn't realise your shed were that big.

You ever have tea there yerself?

Seat of yer pants flying, no landmarks except for possible islands. How many were never placed on a map in those days.
Turn it off, they're up to summat.

Maybe, but if they told us everything would we believe them?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Didn't realise your shed were that big.

You ever have tea there yerself?

Seat of yer pants flying, no landmarks except for possible islands. How many were never placed on a map in those days.
Turn it off, they're up to summat.

Maybe, but if they told us everything would we believe them?

Across the pond mob?
ours?
no way, Jose...

All those years the bad guy was behind the iron curtain, turns out we were (are) as bad..
I mean why does my phone provider and internet provider have to back up all my searches, calls and text, emails etc?
and don't do what most folk say 'the usual'...
they just want to know what we are doing...
we'll be chipped next...sorry, we already are (if you have a mobile phone).

I'll return to the Pacific soon :ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
Across the pond mob?
ours?
no way, Jose...

All those years the bad guy was behind the iron curtain, turns out we were (are) as bad..
I mean why does my phone provider and internet provider have to back up all my searches, calls and text, emails etc?
and don't do what most folk say 'the usual'...
they just want to know what we are doing...
we'll be chipped next...sorry, we already are (if you have a mobile phone).

I'll return to the Pacific soon :ohmy:
That lot. They might let us know, some day...
Then again, they may not...

There's good and bad on both sides of the former Iron Curtain. Some don't want it to end.
Don't they say that's for your safety, just in case...
Although EE have said they don't keep any such records. When I asked how they worked the bill out, they'd no answer.
Didn't you see an improvement in your phone signal when you got yer flu jab. The batteries don't last long, about a year, so you'll have another in place this year.....
I have, and at present according to Google I'm in Rochford, in Essex. Or is that what they want me to believe!!

You're Fred?
You'll be in triple figures now, age wise. Suppose it explains you playing radio though.

Top Bottom