Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
There are good and bad in all nations....
we have what they call the Auld Alliance with France from 1295, obviously it has never been revoked and DeGaulle once quoted it as the oldest alliance in the world.
and as you know I have the Russki OS type map of Greenock framed on the wall....
I like maps.. the Munro and Wainwright Fells are an adaptation of the famous Tube map...
anyway late lunch..
If there were neither, we'd invent them.
Wasn't he the one that said "non" to the UK joing the european community, back in the day?
Only Greenock, I thought it was Scotland.
Enjoy yer late lunch?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
If there were neither, we'd invent them.
Wasn't he the one that said "non" to the UK joing the european community, back in the day?
Only Greenock, I thought it was Scotland.
Enjoy yer late lunch?

Greenock had a connection to the Free French movement in WW2..
He had that classic gallic 'non' about him...
Nah map is of Greenock, 1:10000 scale..
Of course...toast and mashed banana..
class fare...
washed down by lashings of fiery ginger beer(a can LOL)

classic33

Leg End Member
Greenock had a connection to the Free French movement in WW2..
He had that classic gallic 'non' about him...
Nah map is of Greenock, 1:10000 scale..
Of course...toast and mashed banana..
class fare...
washed down by lashings of fiery ginger beer(a can LOL)
We'd a few POW camps down these parts. One is now luxury apartments.
He may have had, but he didn't like us.
Only Greenock, doesn't sound as good as a Russian map of Scotland. Whatever the scale of that map.
Any "areas of interest" marked on it?
Not had mashed banana in years, prefer them whole these days.
You mellowed out, or run out. Ginger beer, I mean...

classic33

Leg End Member
Turkey (fresh one) is one of our family's responsibility..
they'll be enough booze (who need turkey)
Secure your bird as soon as you can then, in that case.
You, drinking on an empty stomach can be bad for you. You might remember stuff you'd rather forget.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Good Caturday to you:hello:
giphy.gif

Steppencat:laugh:

Bobby Mhor

Guru
We'd a few POW camps down these parts. One is now luxury apartments.
He may have had, but he didn't like us.
Only Greenock, doesn't sound as good as a Russian map of Scotland. Whatever the scale of that map.
Any "areas of interest" marked on it?
Not had mashed banana in years, prefer them whole these days.
You mellowed out, or run out. Ginger beer, I mean...

There's a preserved one up near oor Mo..
Cultysomething...
There was a lot of stuff going on around GK in the war, nearest deep water port to NA,
I'd an interest from a project in school (no slates/chalks) and I was lucky enough to chat with folk around during that period so got a lot of knowledge about what had gone on where and what, I spent lots of time just walking the local hill areas, interesting.
My map
gk.jpg

Local paper ran with that
Russian spies had come over to map the place..
more likely somebody sold them copies of the originals from OS and they may have added what was 'missing', not all is on some OS maps...good chance Ilya or Yuri might have photographed the scenery for the hills above the town but more likely aerial photography 'bought' the same way..
The really dark brown bits are 'interesting' to them....
What you done to that cat. It looks petrified
It just remembered it forgot his helmet....

classic33

Leg End Member
There's a preserved one up near oor Mo..
Cultysomething...
There was a lot of stuff going on around GK in the war, nearest deep water port to NA,
I'd an interest from a project in school (no slates/chalks) and I was lucky enough to chat with folk around during that period so got a lot of knowledge about what had gone on where and what, I spent lots of time just walking the local hill areas, interesting.
My map
View attachment 669894
Local paper ran with that
Russian spies had come over to map the place..
more likely somebody sold them copies of the originals from OS and they may have added what was 'missing', not all is on some OS maps...good chance Ilya or Yuri might have photographed the scenery for the hills above the town but more likely aerial photography 'bought' the same way..
The really dark brown bits are 'interesting' to them....

It just remembered it forgot his helmet....
Wonder if she'll pop in and say summat about it.
There's many places that have a lot of history that few know about. And folk aren't as bothered about learning about it. Even at school. Good on you for taking the time to be bothered enough about it.
Your school that poor!!
You never know, it might have been bought locally.
Think the local paper may have been onto something. Did you notice anyone odd around the same time that appeared in the paper. Any idea what date the map is?
There's enough cameras whizzing overhead to get pictures. You want a picture of Area 51, the best are Russian. Also the first ones released to the public.
Any pubs marked in "really dark brown"? Show what they were interested in.

Nah, it likes the wind flowing through its fur, that can't be the reason.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Wonder if she'll pop in and say summat about it.
There's many places that have a lot of history that few know about. And folk aren't as bothered about learning about it. Even at school. Good on you for taking the time to be bothered enough about it.
Your school that poor!!
You never know, it might have been bought locally.
Think the local paper may have been onto something. Did you notice anyone odd around the same time that appeared in the paper. Any idea what date the map is?
There's enough cameras whizzing overhead to get pictures. You want a picture of Area 51, the best are Russian. Also the first ones released to the public.
Any pubs marked in "really dark brown"? Show what they were interested in.

Nah, it likes the wind flowing through its fur, that can't be the reason.

This map was '79 if i remember..
the press always tend to embellish a bit of sensationalism..
I always found that you can get the character of an area from a swatch at a local paper....

nah, no pubs.. that would be a step too far..
I think Ivan and his colleagues have recently proven they are not the ultimate fighting machine.

Read this HERE even at your bit HERE

classic33

Leg End Member
This map was '79 if i remember..
the press always tend to embellish a bit of sensationalism..
I always found that you can get the character of an area from a swatch at a local paper....

nah, no pubs.. that would be a step too far..
I think Ivan and his colleagues have recently proven they are not the ultimate fighting machine.

Read this HERE even at your bit HERE
Trying to work out why they'd be interested in what used to be the local licensing office, 57 on the map of Halifax,
61 would have been the railway stion in the mid 60's, but the roundabout wasn't built for another ten years
27, to the east of the railway station is a chocolate factory, Rowntree Mackintosh's, now Nestle's
Police station to the west of the roundabout wasn't built until the mid eighties.
Why the interest in my old school? Bottom left. What threat were a bunch of school kids?

1670079873597.png

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Trying to work out why they'd be interested in what used to be the local licensing office, 57 on the map of Halifax,
61 would have been the railway stion in the mid 60's, but the roundabout wasn't built for another ten years
27, to the east of the railway station is a chocolate factory, Rowntree Mackintosh's, now Nestle's
Police station to the west of the roundabout wasn't built until the mid eighties.
Why the interest in my old school? Bottom left. What threat were a bunch of school kids?

View attachment 669937

They knew you were 003¼:laugh:
Mind you I couldn't see Ursula swanning out the 'Umber on a winters day

'Hullo rerr hen, namsh Bond, Jamsh Bond, here stick this jaiket on Miss Ryder....it'sh a bit baltic'

I'd head for the chocolate factory first.....
hit the enemy hard....
take out the pastilles and the fruit gums....

classic33

Leg End Member
They knew you were 003¼:laugh:
Mind you I couldn't see Ursula swanning out the 'Umber on a winters day

'Hullo rerr hen, namsh Bond, Jamsh Bond, here stick this jaiket on Miss Ryder....it'sh a bit baltic'

I'd head for the chocolate factory first.....
hit the enemy hard....
take out the pastilles and the fruit gums....
I were smaller back then.

You never know. Strange things happen in the East Riding. Dracula, Frankenstein, Mary Shelly...
Wasn't the last "Bond" a female?

No. 28 was a pet food factory. The wire works were further up the same road, same side as well.
No. 35 was the Timeform building, over the road where the number is, was a pub. Knew there'd be interested in that kind of place.

It was the egg plant and Quality Street factory at the time. And they made Yorkies for a few years!
You'd never eat your way out.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Am I early:hello::rolleyes:
I were smaller back then.

You never know. Strange things happen in the East Riding. Dracula, Frankenstein, Mary Shelly...
Wasn't the last "Bond" a female?

No. 28 was a pet food factory. The wire works were further up the same road, same side as well.
No. 35 was the Timeform building, over the road where the number is, was a pub. Knew there'd be interested in that kind of place.

It was the egg plant and Quality Street factory at the time. And they made Yorkies for a few years!
You'd never eat your way out.

Not a Bond fan although I did see Dr No..
I only bother now with high brow cinema stuff like The Minions:cuppa:
I haven't looked close enough to see if any numbers...

I had liquorice allsorts last night which were a pale imitation..
the Bertie name was there with another main name ..
cheap and yuegh tbh..

Busy Bob today , trees planted in beeg toobs , just as well we had got cheap compost and topsoil..
two to go, the largest and the smallest tubs....
maybe tomorrow and maybe not..

classic33

Leg End Member
Am I early:hello::rolleyes:

Not a Bond fan although I did see Dr No..
I only bother now with high brow cinema stuff like The Minions:cuppa:
I haven't looked close enough to see if any numbers...

I had liquorice allsorts last night which were a pale imitation..
the Bertie name was there with another main name ..
cheap and yuegh tbh..

Busy Bob today , trees planted in beeg toobs , just as well we had got cheap compost and topsoil..
two to go, the largest and the smallest tubs....
maybe tomorrow and maybe not..
You made the day, so can't be late.

That'll be why Ursula came to mind. She left a lasting impression on you.

Not been to the cinema since 1977. Marked in brown on that map, nuclear bunker entrance to the rear of it.

They're smaller than their namesakes of just a few years ago. Wonder if that's why they stopped making the mini versions. You didn't buy an own brand did you!

You anywhere near finished planting for the year, or will the year defeat you.
Little and large, equally average then.
You got one for the Young Un?

Top Bottom