Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Morning all.
Here I am with my first cup of tea of the day.
Drove Hubster to hospital for his 9am appointment to have his suspected melanoma taken off his arm (maybe now he'll slap some factor 50 on like he has been told to repeatedly by the transplant peeps). He got carved up while I grabbed a coffee and some granola, fruit and yoghurt from the hospital cafe.
Once home I've washed up, wiped up and put away. Put the laundry on, hung some out and put the washer on again, mucked out the music room and put the guitars on my new stand that I got from Leigh last night. Total bargain, a stand for 6 guitars for £20.

Finally having a sit down. I'll take the dogs out in a bit and then go for a ride a bit later.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Morning all...well, just about morning. Boy off to Scout camp for today and sleeping tonight under canvas, daughter deposited to her Saturday job. All hard-ass cyclists out..all soft ones are in here I see! :smile:

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
As I was dropping off my daughter in Ottery a couple of cyclists came past, dressed in matching jerseys. They were also wearing big grins, which judging from the direction they came from I know well. The descent from East Hill into Ottery is a great, wide and sweeping one with 45mph easily possible for a short while...getting up there is not as fun. When leaving the town there was a group of 20-30 of them meeting by the river bridge, I couldn't safely make out their jerseys but they were all alike so a group or club of some kind. Nice day for it! :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all.
Here I am with my first cup of tea of the day.
Drove Hubster to hospital for his 9am appointment to have his suspected melanoma taken off his arm (maybe now he'll slap some factor 50 on like he has been told to repeatedly by the transplant peeps). He got carved up while I grabbed a coffee and some granola, fruit and yoghurt from the hospital cafe.
Once home I've washed up, wiped up and put away. Put the laundry on, hung some out and put the washer on again, mucked out the music room and put the guitars on my new stand that I got from Leigh last night. Total bargain, a stand for 6 guitars for £20.

Finally having a sit down. I'll take the dogs out in a bit and then go for a ride a bit later.
Is that all you've done!!

Lullabelle

Banana
We did our grocery shop this morning but doing very little else today apart from pottering about. So hot again today, no breeze so it feels like trying to walk around in treacle.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I've moved, I have internet, I've been sick-as-a-dog..........but things are going OK. I've managed about 3 weeks work on this house in the last week, despite 2 days when I clearly must have just been hours from death.

Anything happened whilst I've been away (other than the obvious.......stephec & the ladies.......)?
Hours from death MikeG...

It's horrible innit...

I have had Man Flu too. ;)

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Morning all...well, just about morning. Boy off to Scout camp for today and sleeping tonight under canvas, daughter deposited to her Saturday job. All hard-ass cyclists out..all soft ones are in here I see! :smile:
Working today Ian, so no time for hard ass cycling + my back is still shot, not as shot as last week but not great.

Lots of cyclists out today including 2 boys of around 10 + 11 yrs with their Dad (presumably) tackling a long climb up the A6 Chorley Old Rd through Horwich up & over the tops towards Bolton, this climb is about 6k long & gets fairly steep in parts too so Chapeau to them.

Also on the return trip from Chorley I spied a white van & a car in a bus lay by, (naughty, pet hate) but easily forgiven when I saw Cycle for Sarah emblazoned all over it.

Sure as eggs are eggs, I then saw around 30 + cyclists all seemingly headed off the same way in groups, really good to see, despite my jealous streak a mile wide.

Wish I was out there with them.

Instead I am stuck here with Betty Swollocks. :cry:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Evening all. Just back from my 6.30 guitar lesson but had to detour home via Asda as we were out of milk.
Don't you do well out of your guitar tutor @Saluki...

3 1/2 hour 1/2 hour lessons, 6 guitar stand for 20 sovereigns...

I am only jealous..

Most I got out of my tutor was 20 mins freebie tagged on the end, but a lorra, lorra laughs too, as Cilla would say.

How is your new amp pressie from hubster ?

Nowt quite like new guitar gear to energise your practise.

Currently cutting back on a little of my gear due to lack of free time & a larger house needed in better area for little miss naughty to grow up in. :thumbsup:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Don't you do well out of your guitar tutor @Saluki...

3 1/2 hour 1/2 hour lessons, 6 guitar stand for 20 sovereigns...

I am only jealous..

Most I got out of my tutor was 20 mins freebie tagged on the end, but a lorra, lorra laughs too, as Cilla would say.

How is your new amp pressie from hubster ?

Nowt quite like new guitar gear to energise your practise.

Currently cutting back on a little of my gear due to lack of free time & a larger house needed in better area for little miss naughty to grow up in. :thumbsup:
New amp is interesting. It has a gazillion presets but seems to have no 'clean' setting so I unplug the guitar and then plug it into the Yamaha amp which has on/off gain/clean :laugh: The new Fender amp is really fun though, I do need to do a bit of the old RTFM, I will in a bit but experimenting is such fun. If the manual fails to help, I'll pop down to Cookes on Monday and throw myself on their mercy for advice.

Guitar teacher (Leigh) and I get on really well. I have been on the planet twice as long as he has but technically he is twice as old as I am. We laugh a lot - mostly at me. I regularly turn up in tee-shirts older than him and am at pains to point that out. He's a great teacher, a real laugh but incredibly talented. We have lots in common and him being very easy on the eye doesn't hurt either.
We spent a good half an hour with guitars on racks while we surfed youtube and looked at his main competition on the web - as you do. I've been known to take beer when I've not had to drive back home. I've threatened to teach him to cook but he's learned how to cook noodles now so he'll not starve. He thinks that cooking is dark magic and best to be avoided at all costs.
We do actually play our guitars, for at least half an hour each friday. 3 hours is about the norm, it's the giggling that takes all the time.

Homework this week is CCR - Proud Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom