Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Yes, I'm going on one in the near future :smile:
I've been looking for one around here. I can do lots of wee jobs on the bike but would like to be more competent rather than just winging it.

Oh, Morning all in Tealandia. :sun: is shining and :bicycle: needs riding. I have a new toy too. I have some bone conduction headphones. They are all charged up and ready to be taken out to play. I was going to take them out on the bike yesterday but Hubster wanted to check out a bass guitar in Ipswich so we went there instead. Guitar was pants but our friends live around the corner so we popped in for a quick visit and a cuppa so the journey wasn't totally wasted. Friend has a Spinoni pup, 4 months old :wub: (OK we went to visit the pup really :laugh:)

classic33

Leg End Member
Evening All

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Made it. Well, I'm back anyway, I didn't actually have to 'make it' in time or anything. Started off a bit cloudier and therefore cooler but scorchio'd right up as I was going, felt OK so kept adding bits on, 46k before the fluids were running a bit close to empty...

Glad to hear there's mechanics in the offing for you ladies, honest, apart from buying tools of good quality you'll be saving in fees and gaining in knowledge and skills, particularly good if you are the leader of a cycling group and other people look to you...:smile:

I now feel justified in sleeping in front of the Tour this afternoon, dog walk first... :hello:

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Juts spoke to LBS re the gear cable.
He thinks it may have slipped inside the cable housing but looking at what he told me to check, it doesn't seem busted.

Without wanting to get too much into @stephec territory, I'm a bit frustrated that I can't be there to help (see what I mean). It sounds like cable tension has gone so the inner cable is not running tight enough and is not secured at the rear mech. If it's under warranty though it doesn't really matter at this stage.

stephec

Squire
Without wanting to get too much into @stephec territory, I'm a bit frustrated that I can't be there to help (see what I mean). It sounds like cable tension has gone so the inner cable is not running tight enough and is not secured at the rear mech. If it's under warranty though it doesn't really matter at this stage.
SL knows that if I was anywhere near I'd pop round and fettle it for her.

Is there any cable attached to the rear mech still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom