Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Squire
Well, I had a lovely day sitting in a field. A nice ride over with some friends, a good chat and some laughing and joking, then a whole lot of very odd cars streamed by, throwing stuff out of their windows. Don't they know about littering laws?

An hour or so later, 5 or 6 helicopters and a whole load of policemen went by, so I assume there was a big incident happening somewhere nearby. A bunch of bike riders headed by in that direction too. One of them seemed to be having a wrestling match with a guy in a car over a drinks bottle, because he held onto the bottle all the way up the hill before the chap in the car finally let go. I've no idea what that was about.

We then rode home.

That sounds like the day we had yesterday.

Whenever I've read something about the publiclity caravan it's made to sound special.

I was expecting a carnival procession similar to the lord mayor's parade, when in reality it was a few tarted up cars and vans chucking away a few bits of tat, then a five minute gap followed by more cars, this was repeated for about an hour.

Never mind at least I can say I've seen it. :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
That's the GOOD side?! :eek:

I meant untouched by human hand in manufacture, not consumption. That looks like it popped straight out of a machine.
How do you get a one-off, handmade cake untouched by human hands?
I've heard they do odd things down South, but... And the tay's on thee today.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, I had a lovely day sitting in a field. A nice ride over with some friends, a good chat and some laughing and joking, then a whole lot of very odd cars streamed by, throwing stuff out of their windows. Don't they know about littering laws?

An hour or so later, 5 or 6 helicopters and a whole load of policemen went by, so I assume there was a big incident happening somewhere nearby. A bunch of bike riders headed by in that direction too. One of them seemed to be having a wrestling match with a guy in a car over a drinks bottle, because he held onto the bottle all the way up the hill before the chap in the car finally let go. I've no idea what that was about.

We then rode home.
And all you got was Yorkshire Tea!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good evening people. I now have a twitchy eye thanks to bob mentioning the W word. Ummmmmm. Meditation, keep calm, I will be fine. Son and youngest grandsons just left. The dragon household is now calm and peaceful once more.

How is everyone tonight? It's raining here, but the rain is supposed to be clearing tonight. :cuppa: coffee and brownies. Yum yum yum. And you lot cant have any. Get your own.

stephec

Squire
Good evening people. I now have a twitchy eye thanks to bob mentioning the W word. Ummmmmm. Meditation, keep calm, I will be fine. Son and youngest grandsons just left. The dragon household is now calm and peaceful once more.

How is everyone tonight? It's raining here, but the rain is supposed to be clearing tonight. :cuppa: coffee and brownies. Yum yum yum. And you lot cant have any. Get your own.
Don't blame Bob for that. :biggrin:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have been visiting and phoning councils, housing associations etc for most of the day. The 'you get a job and the council will move you' scheme died a death with the council funding cuts. So either I find a private place that will have one working partner, one not and dogs (fat bloody chance) or I turn down the job. I know I was in 2 minds but it seemed worth 6 months bad pay to get a permanent contract and very good pay on taking a longer term view.
In the meantime, I'll just carry on grooming and a friend of mine is covering Exeter with 'Urgent housing exchange needed' cards in post offices, supermarkets etc.

We shall see what happens before I turn the job down.
I need tea and I need a stiff drink (fast day so no stiff drink in the offing) and I need a bike ride!

classic33

Leg End Member

Clear blue sky here.

:smile:

I don't like either coffee or brownies (chocolate........xx(), so you aren't depriving me of anything. Now, it would be a different story if you'd said tea and fruit cake, then, those'd 've been fightn' words :boxing::boxing:.
You've got the taybags. As for the Tea & fruit cake
Tean And Fruit Cake.jpg

172traindriver

Legendary Member
I trialled another variation on my commute home just now, and it's only about 26.5km instead of my usual 28.5. I still can't get over how aggressive and intolerant Australian motorists are, though. I think my "flippin' the bird" finger's got RSI :laugh:. It was a nice enough change, though, and I got to ride a few roads I hadn't ridden before, so now I know a tiny bit more of Melbourne's roads.

Take it your nice motorists are similar to some of ours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom