Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Squire
P1010207.JPG

Blue

Squire
That last post was the Cypriot cat amongst the pigeons!!

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Back from work. Only 3 hours of walking that we were able to double a pair of dogs up so actually only walked for 2 hours.
Went to view a flat just on the outskirts of Norwich. I drove around the road to show hubster the local area - which I know like the back of my hand - and he said that it looked a bit 'council'. Well, there is probably a reason for that, its right on the edge of a council estate. It's also right on the edge of Mousehold so the walking is great. It also butts up against NR7 but is just outside so the rent will be a tad cheaper too. It has a front garden and a small back garden with grass at chest height but that's easily sorted.
It's a nice spacious flat and the same design as my Nan's flat, when she was alive. A kitchen you could roller-skate around is definitely on my wish list. Hubster says that he prefers the one we viewed last week but as she hasn't got back to us and the woman we saw today is gagging to move to our area, I'm thinking that it's a no-brainer.
The lass doesn't drive, neither does her partner but, when I suggested that she goes halves on hiring a van and we'll do the driving she was all for it. I also pointed out that she will need her move team as we are not doing our moving and her moving too. She smiled and said "You've been stiffed on an exchange like we have". We have and it's not bloody funny when the other exchanger doesn't pull their finger out.
The flat needs decorating as dark red with black wallpaper might look good in the movies but looks a bit dark in a LA flat in Norwich.

I need more coffee.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
14!! Its been in the low 20's up here!

It's the high 20's here. Around 25,26. Evening everyone. Have you all had a good day?

MikeG

Guru
......Evening everyone. Have you all had a good day?

I've spent half the day drawing, and the other half massacring ants. I saw one or two emerge yesterday from alongside the door from the lounge into the conservatory, and pulled back the carpet to investigate.............Well, the buggers were everywhere, and lots had wings, ready to fly. I sprayed, and that killed all the ones on the surface, but they had found minute cracks under the skirting board, and under the door frame, and trying to get them out of there has been a nightmare. I have ended up with my compressor sitting in the lounge, and every so often I blast high pressure air into every crevice, and shift a few more of them out. Hundreds and hundreds of the damn things have perished, but still they come.

I have put a plate of jam out to entice them out, but they don't seem interested. Maybe they lost their appetite when I hoovered up all their babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom