Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Guten morgen to one and all:hello:
Bright, sunny and a breeze promised today:thumbsup:
morning eveyone
Good morning everyone. I have my coffee:cuppa: slurp. Its a bit cool here this morning, but at least its dry. Hope everyone is well today :hello:. Have a good day people, whatever your going to be up to. Stay safe.
Afternoon

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all.
I have coffee, a free EP from the Manics and a day full of walking ahead of me. Plus a flat viewing from a lady who 'nudged' me to indicate interest of my flat, she then emailed me and texted me, all within about 5 minutes. I think this might be a goer if she likes our flat.

BTW, I slept like the dead for 8 hours and 30 minutes :ohmy: virtually unheard of but I feel much better this morning, apart from the sore throat.
You doing what you were complaining someone else did!

Blue

Squire
Just out of interest, how many forum members have cats as their avatars? I absolutely :wub: cats. Perhaps I'll find a suitable cat photo and change my avatar, too...
... OK, all done.
The cat in my avatar is a companion that adopted us when we were on holiday in Cyprus several years ago. Last year we stayed in Cyprus for 5 weeks and we were adopted by 9 cats for the duration. While trekking around the island I carry cat food and feed all the strays I happen upon. I once stopped to feed one cat and as soon as I started to put grub down the one became 39 - at least that was Mrs B's best estimate as she tried to count all the individuals in the sea of fur milling around my feet. Luckily I had a big bag of cat food with me!!

classic33

Leg End Member
The cat in my avatar is a companion that adopted us when we were on holiday in Cyprus several years ago. Last year we stayed in Cyprus for 5 weeks and we were adopted by 9 cats for the duration. While trekking around the island I carry cat food and feed all the strays I happen upon. I once stopped to feed one cat and as soon as I started to put grub down the one became 39 - at least that was Mrs B's best estimate as she tried to count all the individuals in the sea of fur milling around my feet. Luckily I had a big bag of cat food with me!!
Go by bike, with trailers attached. You'd be able to carry more cat grub!

Blue

Squire
Go by bike, with trailers attached. You'd be able to carry more cat grub!
As you know, I'm planning to spend even more time on the island in future years so one of the items on my list for this year is to locate an animal shelter in our area so that I can assist in some way.

Blue

Squire
I think there's one cat for every two people on the island.
That piece of information from someone who lives there.
In some areas that stat may be the other way around - to be honest it's one of the reasons we like the place. Even the posh hotels have resident cats. We've never seen a mouse or rat there - not even when we stayed in a mountain village for a couple of months!!!

It can be funny at times. In the cities there are big bins in the street for household waste and every bin has been claimed by a cat. When the sun is high the cats sit in the shade under the bins, when the sun goes down they sit on top of the bins and when they want grub they go into the bins. The pickings at the bins are very good as the climate lends itself to a BBQ culture and so every bin is a prime piece of feline real estate. As one walks to the karaoke bars of an evening one gets to say hello to the same cats at the same bins and it is noticeable when a cat is ever missing!! I also have a couple of good snaps of cats peeking out of bins to see what's going down on the street when they hear anything noisy outside their bin!! Every cat that has its own bin seems pleased with how well it's done in life - they have that smug look about them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom