Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Squire
Morning all, morning WD :smile:
Even though it seems nice I don't think I'll go out today as I'm still recovering from yesterday but a lot better than I thought I'd be!
I have started to get some stuff together for our holiday, a week today :hyper::bicycle::hyper:
I am not excited. Much.

Do you still have achy legs, why not go for a gentle stroll to loosen them up a bit?

Where are you off on holiday?

ScotiaLass

Guru
Do you still have achy legs, why not go for a gentle stroll to loosen them up a bit?

Where are you off on holiday?
The legs are surprisingly ok today.
We're off to the Highlands...luxury caravan on the beach, about 7 miles from Culbin forest, so I can cycle off road from the caravan to there then ride round and back...should be an easy 20 miles for me. Dunno how the young lad will cope...most he's done is 4 miles.

stephec

Squire
The legs are surprisingly ok today.
We're off to the Highlands...luxury caravan on the beach, about 7 miles from Culbin forest, so I can cycle off road from the caravan to there then ride round and back...should be an easy 20 miles for me. Dunno how the young lad will cope...most he's done is 4 miles.

I've never been there, closest was Inverness and the Cairngorms years ago.

He'll probably be spurred on by the excitement of being on holiday if you go nice and steady, and if you're going from shore to forest it'll be likely that its a slight uphill, so all downhill on the way back. :smile:

ScotiaLass

Guru
I've never been there, closest was Inverness and the Cairngorms years ago.

He'll probably be spurred on by the excitement of being on holiday if you go nice and steady, and if you're going from shore to forest it'll be likely that its a slight uphill, so all downhill on the way back. :smile:
We aren't far from Inverness so will probably take the train there, like we did last year.
This is the 3rd year we'll have been but it's a lovely area with so much to do and the site has a nice indoor pool too.
I'm sure he'll probably do fine if I pace it and I bribe him with food...

stephec

Squire
Nah, although the last time we went up that way we went to the visitor centre and exhibition...it was very good!

Is that at the bottom end of the loch? I think we only looked round the shop at all the over priced cuddly nessies.

Have you been round the castle?

ScotiaLass

Guru
Is that at the bottom end of the loch? I think we only looked round the shop at all the over priced cuddly nessies.

Have you been round the castle?
I can't remember which side it was...
Yes. been to Urquart Castle many times...we're members of Historic Scotland as the lad loves history and visiting these places (it's kinda grown on me too!)

classic33

Leg End Member
Dear Lord.jpg

stephec

Squire
I can't remember which side it was...
Yes. been to Urquart Castle many times...we're members of Historic Scotland as the lad loves history and visiting these places (it's kinda grown on me too!)

The visitor centre that I remember is right at the southern tip of the loch, a big white building if I remember rightly, although it was a long time ago.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Where's she from?

How can it not be modern, it's got a indoor shopping centre and everything.

Is the market still on in that square near the castle, that used to be good for a wander round?

I sort of remember falling out of a Thai restaurant sometime just after midnight once, it was upstairs above the shops but that's as much as I can remember of it, I was a little bit tipsy. :smile:
She thought that the buildings were old. I'm not sure what part of Medieval city that she missed but she really missed it. That little Thai place is a falafel place now. Known locally as Fourways Cafe. Before it was a Thai it used to do the best knickerbocker glories on the planet with luminous green jelly in them.

Sis-in-Law just been to visit the flat. She's gone now to a place she calls "Bung-gay" or as we call it, Bungay. I suggested that she didn't pronounce it 'bung-gay' while she was there. It was bad enough her saying "Why-mund-ham" while here. Thankfully nobody we knew heard her. She talks very loudly, even when she is talking quietly and told Ken that he could talk to her any time about 'you know what and you know who'. She's offered her floor and a contact with the council for when he 'finally gets shut of you know who'. At least I know how the land lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom