Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Why get over Halifax?

Sounds most exotic :laugh:

stephec

Squire
Report on my blog for now...will try and get a copy posted here too but I'm knackered!
When you mention trying to raise your handlebars, looking at the photos they look quite high already.

I don't think a tourer would go any higher, and a hybrid is usually a similar set up to what you've got now.

If it's a question of being too stretched have you thought of a shorter, or more upright stem?

ScotiaLass

Guru
When you mention trying to raise your handlebars, looking at the photos they look quite high already.

I don't think a tourer would go any higher, and a hybrid is usually a similar set up to what you've got now.

If it's a question of being too stretched have you thought of a shorter, or more upright stem?
It's the position on a MTB i think. It's all I've ever ridden but for the rides I'm doing now of 30 miles, I am hurting (arthritis in spine)
LBS mentioned they could raise or do something, to the bars...not sure what they said now.

classic33

Leg End Member
Are you sitting quite upright at the moment?
Why?

ScotiaLass

Guru
I hope you're not trying to get saucy with me you cheeky minx, I was talking about your bike position. :smile:
I'm too tired to get saucy with anyone :laugh:
The position is comfortable but I'm finding I'm not upright enough for the 30 miles I'm now doing and it hurts my spine.
Not sure, I had the wrong undershorts on today and they killed me, so it's possible I was wriggling about or taking my weight off the seat and leaning more forward than usual...

stephec

Squire
I'm too tired to get saucy with anyone :laugh:
The position is comfortable but I'm finding I'm not upright enough for the 30 miles I'm now doing and it hurts my spine.
Not sure, I had the wrong undershorts on today and they killed me, so it's possible I was wriggling about or taking my weight off the seat and leaning more forward than usual...
Sounds like you need a good rubdown. :smile:

Will your LBS let you fit a few different stems to your bike in the shop so you can compare them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom