Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Off to work, catch you later
Sithi
Don't w**k to hard!

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Sithi
Don't w**k to hard!

Never w**k too hard!

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Note the year he said he was there, and then have a look at the bottom right hand corner of the picture I posted.
@classic33 I took the year and info from the image..

I was sure it was this game 'cause the Hoods walked off the park before the end..

Glasgow Lions 44-14 Nottingham Hoods, 1986

''The Glasgow Lions dealt the Nottingham Hoods a stunning blow. The Hoods led by star RB Cliff Stroughter were stifled by a suffocating Lions D, which led to the Lions taking a massive step to the BAFL Final that season. No match report''

This below is why I most remember this match

''Will never forget leading Nottingham 44-6 at end of 3rd quarter in last 16 game and Cliff Stroughter walked them off the pitch and refused to play on and semi against Leicester. What a last second comeback!''

A bit about the Hoods big US running back HERE
and this from him..

''I just want to set the record straight... I entered the playoffs with the most rushing yards and touchdowns scored in a single season, and encountered poor officiating right off the bat at the start of the game... the referrees called back 6 touchdown runs and 6 attempts... when I questioned the head referree about the callbacks, he said "shut up and play, you're in Glasgow Scotland now"... Glasgow's defense consistently lined up in the neutral zone and when we asked the referee to back them out of the neutral zone, he again said "shut up and play"... coupled with unfriendly fans throwing objects at me on the field, with again no response from the referee... it carried on from the 2nd quarter to the 3rd quarter... the punishment and abuse was more than I and my team could take -- I walked off and my team followed me to the locker room...

In my entire career, I've never experienced such a low life game. Every time I was tackled, they gouged my eyes, stepped on my ankles and kicked me in the groin. And there was no help from the officials to control the situation. So someone tell me, who was the poor sport in this game?

I'm sorry if I disappointed any of my fans or supporters. 22 years later the truth had to be told.

Due to the bad officiating, I wasn't able to get my team to the championship bowl.''

TBH honest, they got whupped and his version is a pile of **** as he got stopped every time he ran..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom