Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
˙op oʇ buıɥʇǝɯos buıʌɐɥ 'ɥbnoɥʇ dǝǝןsɐ buıןןɐɟ noʎ doʇs
[ǝʇonb/]pooןq ǝɥʇ dn uɐǝןɔ oʇ ǝʌɐɥ oʇ ʇuɐʍ ʇ,uop ı ˙ǝsɐǝןd sɟɟnɔıʇsıɟ ou [ɹǝsn/]33ɔıssɐןɔ[662=ɹǝsn]@ [ɹǝsn/]ǝnןq[271=ɹǝsn]@ ǝɔıu ǝɔɐןd["93023 :ɹǝqɯǝɯ '2104462 :ʇsod 'uobɐɹp ɥsןǝʍ"=ǝʇonb]

˙op oʇ buıɥʇǝɯos buıʌɐɥ 'ɥbnoɥʇ dǝǝןsɐ buıןןɐɟ noʎ doʇs

classic33

Leg End Member
Thats the simple explantion.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Have you decided on the name yet Saluki?
The Baby Bits Hamper Company

I went out with 'the girls' - or the 'local women in small business' group. We meet up every month for coffee, cake and ideas swapping, putting the world to rights and advise offering, support etc - and ran a few ideas past them. I also showed them ideas for website templates, business card templates, logo etc I took a couple of sample 'cakes' and hamper mock-ups and came away with a barrow load of ideas, a decision on a name and whatnot. I then ran the whole thing by my church group (all of whom are in business too which is handy) who loved the idea except for Mr Grumpster who thinks that women should not work but we take no notice of his ideas of what women should do but we do listen to his business advice which is invariably sound.

Now we are making 'cakes', hampers and talking to anyone who stands still long enough. Test trading begins in earnest next week. I am just in the throes of making a nappy cake for a friend of mine who is adopting a baby, she collects her in 2 weeks (she's not counting the days off or anything). Her baby will be 6 months old on the 8th March so we are making a cake and getting some bits and bobs in a bigger size for her.
More tea is required before I do the second tier though.

Blue

Squire
Well, speaking as Einstein I've allready proved today that time slows down when you want to be elsewhere. Out of school for instance. Also that it speeds up as it becomes clear that you are headed back to school.
Einstein on the other hand was proved correct
"Einstein proved right again.
How do you figure? Einstein's use of space and time revolutionized physical thinking, correctly predicted many effects that were previously thought absurd, enabled the precise operation of the GPS system, and yields quantitative calculations that agree with reality better than any other known theory of gravitation.
Let's start from a simple point.Some postings ago we had the following discussion which we can relate to the Shapiro experiment:
We find experimentally that a photon moving from Earth to Venus and back needs more time when the sun has to be passed closely, than at the other time when the sun is far.
Two explanations:1. The velocity of light is reduced in the gravitational field of the sun .... or
2. The velocity of light is always the same, but the space is curved in the gravitational field.

The second statement follows Einstein.
What is the advantage to use the second way (Einstein)? We give up our traditional understanding of space (and of time in the general application). What do we get as a return?

When we look to the bending of light at the sun, which was observed at the sun eclipse experiment of 1922 (which made Einstein famous), this can be quantitatively explained by a normal refraction process. We know that the velocity of light is reduced in the gravitational field in the following way:

c(r) = c0*(1-(G*M)/(c0*r^2))

In every situation where c is dependent on r, we get - very classically - a refraction. This refraction explains quantitatively correct what happened during this sun eclipse. Without any space curvature.

The same refraction happens within an elementary particle to the internal oscillation going on there. This causes the normal gravitational acceleration.
I have asked at several occasions whether there are effects of General Relativity which cannot be explained in an analog way. Nobody told me such cases. If you can, please do, I would be really thankful.

For the details of the cases above I again refer to the web site I made about it:"
http://www.ag-physics.org/gravity
[/quote]

That's exactly what I thought. I knew 'O' and 'A' level maths wasn't wasted on me!!

Blue

Squire
I remember looking at a Cyprus based forum for info about 5 years ago...
It was full of expats complaining about this and that...
I wouldn't even dream of selling up and buying property there. The culture is very different when it comes to business deals and the Country is too small to have the same infrastructure as an economic superpower. Anyone expecting anything else is a fool.

We intend to spend Oct - March, inclusive, there and will reside in rented property in or near the tourist area. Tourism is so important to the economy that all required facilities are guaranteed in that area - apart from the fact that the winter weather is best in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom