Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
But then at least it's the weekend :bravo::highfive:

Hope you feel better soon - don't forget to moan to WD if that helps :laugh:

Yeah feel free girl. Like what he says.:laugh:

Blue

Squire
Had a very horrible gallbladder attack earlier xx(
Glad to say I'm feeling better now.
Sitting watching the ice hockey, nursing a hot water bottle on my shoulder whilst surfing and making a 'to buy' list for the new bike.
It's funny. I used to sit ordering bike bits from CRC etc at the weekend. The last couple of months It's been geeky Greek books from various stores. Maybe I should find a Greek forum to replace CC :scratch:

Blue

Squire
Even Bikeradar looks better than that!

classic33

Leg End Member
The eyes have it!
moving-waves-illusion.png

classic33

Leg End Member
Even Bikeradar looks better than that!
Well, speaking as Einstein I've allready proved today that time slows down when you want to be elsewhere. Out of school for instance. Also that it speeds up as it becomes clear that you are headed back to school.
Einstein on the other hand was proved correct
"Einstein proved right again.
How do you figure? Einstein's use of space and time revolutionized physical thinking, correctly predicted many effects that were previously thought absurd, enabled the precise operation of the GPS system, and yields quantitative calculations that agree with reality better than any other known theory of gravitation.
Let's start from a simple point.Some postings ago we had the following discussion which we can relate to the Shapiro experiment:
We find experimentally that a photon moving from Earth to Venus and back needs more time when the sun has to be passed closely, than at the other time when the sun is far.
Two explanations:1. The velocity of light is reduced in the gravitational field of the sun .... or
2. The velocity of light is always the same, but the space is curved in the gravitational field.

The second statement follows Einstein.
What is the advantage to use the second way (Einstein)? We give up our traditional understanding of space (and of time in the general application). What do we get as a return?

When we look to the bending of light at the sun, which was observed at the sun eclipse experiment of 1922 (which made Einstein famous), this can be quantitatively explained by a normal refraction process. We know that the velocity of light is reduced in the gravitational field in the following way:

c(r) = c0*(1-(G*M)/(c0*r^2))

In every situation where c is dependent on r, we get - very classically - a refraction. This refraction explains quantitatively correct what happened during this sun eclipse. Without any space curvature.

The same refraction happens within an elementary particle to the internal oscillation going on there. This causes the normal gravitational acceleration.
I have asked at several occasions whether there are effects of General Relativity which cannot be explained in an analog way. Nobody told me such cases. If you can, please do, I would be really thankful.

For the details of the cases above I again refer to the web site I made about it:"

http://www.ag-physics.org/gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom