Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Squire
Hello folks, hope you are all in fine fettle :hello:.

I haven't been in the tearoom much because I've been working hard on my Greek. However, I thought some of you may like to know the final result of the radio music quiz. As of yesterday I was 2 ahead with 2 shows left so the tension was palpable today as I didn't want to be pushed into a tie-breaker situation tomorrow. As it turned out I won today to restore a lead of 3 and with only 1 show left that's me champ for January. The DJ is still talking about it on the radio as I type!! The prize is an exclusive baseball cap with "Rockbuster Champ" on it. I'm the first person to win one. I'm a happy chappie :music:^_^^_^^_^:music:.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Bluest: 2901340 said:
Hello folks, hope you are all in fine fettle :hello:.

I haven't been in the tearoom much because I've been working hard on my Greek. However, I thought some of you may like to know the final result of the radio music quiz. As of yesterday I was 2 ahead with 2 shows left so the tension was palpable today as I didn't want to be pushed into a tie-breaker situation tomorrow. As it turned out I won today to restore a lead of 3 and with only 1 show left that's me champ for January. The DJ is still talking about it on the radio as I type!! The prize is an exclusive baseball cap with "Rockbuster Champ" on it. I'm the first person to win one. I'm a happy chappie :music:^_^^_^^_^:music:.

Well done blue. Congrats.:hello:

Blue

Squire
Hows your greek coming along by the way @Blue
The Greek is storming along. The last item I bought with my karaoke/lotto winnings was a download from the good ole USA and it's a bit like a personal language lab wherein one learns reading, writing and speaking with wee games to reinforce after each section is completed - it realy is the mutts nuts. I have also finished a course that I purchased in Cyprus when I was there last October. I just love it all and the good bit is that Mrs Blue can sit in on a lot of it when she takes breaks from her OU work so we are both making progress. My vocab has expanded quite a bit and my reading/writing has expanded a LOT.

welsh dragon

The Greek is storming along. The last item I bought with my karaoke/lotto winnings was a download from the good ole USA and it's a bit like a personal language lab wherein one learns reading, writing and speaking with wee games to reinforce after each section is completed - it realy is the mutts nuts. I have also finished a course that I purchased in Cyprus when I was there last October. I just love it all and the good bit is that Mrs Blue can sit in on a lot of it when she takes breaks from her OU work so we are both making progress. My vocab has expanded quite a bit and my reading/writing has expanded a LOT.

Well done blue. Just think, when you go to Greece, you'll be speaking like a native.

Blue

Squire
Well done blue. Just think, when you go to Greece, you'll be speaking like a native.
I hope that I will be a lot better. To get fluent in Greek is a major ambition. I have always felt an affinity towards the Greeks. I studied ancient Greek history to 'A' Level and have always found them a lovely people when on holiday. If I won the jackpot on the lotto I would move to Greece or Cyprus.

welsh dragon

What a day out there..
Spent most of the day working on the local sections of cycle track, cleaning, litter checking and other stuff.
I have never seen so many cyclists out and about over the day but I'm always home from my outings early mornings.
Lovely day but the calm before the storms:angry:

Glad you've had a good day Bob:hello:

Blue

Squire
What a day out there..
Spent most of the day working on the local sections of cycle track, cleaning, litter checking and other stuff.
I have never seen so many cyclists out and about over the day but I'm always home from my outings early mornings.
Lovely day but the calm before the storms:angry:

A big :thumbsup: and a ^_^ to that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom