Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
You still look like how I think rocky looks.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
English is hard to learn.
My mum's side of the family all spoke Gaelic until just after she was born and she learned English at school. The last Gaelic speakers in the family died about 10 years ago. They thought it was rude to speak Gaelic when people who only spoke English were present, so they usually spoke English.

She was fine with BBC English - she just found it hard to understand Glaswegians! :thumbsup:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Her side of the family all spoke Gaelic until just after she was born and she learned English at school. The last Gaelic speakers in the family died about 10 years ago. They thought it was rude to speak Gaelic when people who only spoke English were present, so they usually spoke English.

She was fine with BBC English - she just found it hard to understand Glaswegians! :thumbsup:

All of my grandchildren speak fluent Welsh but don't speak it when they are together or in front of the rest of the family. If one of the neigbours talks to them in welsh they seem embarassed. Don't know why though.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
My cousin moved to Bala in the 70s and married a Welsh speaker... he learnt Welsh and their children were brought up to speak Welsh as their first language- they admit to speaking Welsh in the presence of English visitors.

welsh dragon

My cousin moved to Bala in the 70s and married a Welsh speaker... he learnt Welsh and their children were brought up to speak Welsh as their first language- they admit to speaking Welsh in the presence of English visitors.
Welsh is such a hard language to learn.My youngest 2 grandchildren only speak welsh if they dont want theyre mother to know what they are talking about. It usually means they are up to something....

welsh dragon

:tired::tired::tired: Night night all and thankyou for your humour and courtesy. Off to dream of bucketfulls of fudge:laugh:
Goodnight. sleep tight. do battle tomorow.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom