Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It is no good Tea? makes no sense when you take your eyes of it for more than a couple of hours....

One missing Great Grandmother found who was true to female form in this family being a pain in the rear end..... one to go!
Under the cushions on the settee or in a cupboard?

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Under the cushions on the settee or in a cupboard?

Hiding in the Mary's and Walters! Found their marriage certificate in a cupboard and that sorted it :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I dont drink so does that mean I get more cake?
No - you get the standard amount of cake!

I get the standard amount of cake or chocolate too, unless I start drinking beer again, in which case the cake or choc ration gets traded in for beer.

My thinking is that I won't do enough damage in the 3 days with treats to undo the benefits of the 2 fasting days.

Puddles

I did think the Family tree was supposed to be Squidge's homework. It sounds too complex for an eight year old. :scratch:

In theory yes, but in practice no, he is supposed to write about it and pick out interesting ancestors and everyone has a family tree sat about gathering dust dont they? Bloody School!

See I have to show him the ancestors to pick from :wacko: he also has to write about his life (easy) and his value and what he wants to achieve in the future! :blink: I think they sent the wrong homework home!

Found the other Great Grandmother, who I apparently called "Drate Dranny" when I was 2 and she lived up the other end of the street :laugh: but I know I shall get no further as it is Scotland and all pay which I am not willing to do!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
If you have two or three people from each generation, that would give him a choice of interesting characters. His life and his value? :unsure: Yes, I think they sent the wrong homework home.

You are giving him a lot of encouragement for this homework. What happens to the children whose parents are not interested in helping? Do they get disheartened, and/or discouraged by the complexity of the subject? Then do they give up and get reprimanded for not submitting their homework? Call me old-fashioned, but I would think it is counter-productive to make it too difficult for the majority of children. The brighter/more motivated children could make it as detailed as they like.

I have a family tree somewhere that one of my Aunts researched, but it does not tell me about those people's lives. It could be difficult to find out very much about my Russian great grandfather, except that he travelled round the world extensively.

By the way, do you know what is meant by cousin once removed, twice removed etc?

Puddles

If you have two or three people from each generation, that would give him a choice of interesting characters. His life and his value? :unsure: Yes, I think they sent the wrong homework home.

You are giving him a lot of encouragement for this homework. What happens to the children whose parents are not interested in helping? Do they get disheartened, and/or discouraged by the complexity of the subject? Then do they give up and get reprimanded for not submitting their homework? Call me old-fashioned, but I would think it is counter-productive to make it too difficult for the majority of children. The brighter/more motivated children could make it as detailed as they like.

I have a family tree somewhere that one of my Aunts researched, but it does not tell me about those people's lives. It could be difficult to find out very much about my Russian great grandfather, except that he travelled round the world extensively.

By the way, do you know what is meant by cousin once removed, twice removed etc?

At this age if there homework is not done then you do get called in and told off by teacher, we also have to go in for lessons to learn how we are supposed to be learning them at home too its a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom