Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wonder what the list of tasks will be that he will want you to perform to see if you are suitable staff material.
Adeptness with a tin opener. Cleanliness of plates/bowls. Chin scratching ability. Quickness of door opening. Lap comfiness. Resistance to playful nibbles and claw stretching..............................

GM

Legendary Member
Yes, we went a couple of times. I loved sitting in that natural amphitheatre looking down onto the lake.

I remember going to see Edward Heath (ex PM) conducting the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra on is 80th birthday. He was brilliant. That was 1996, as I recall. Did you go to any?

From 1988 - 2001, myself and my brother had the contract with English Heritage to build the concert bowl and all that went with it. As we used to get free tickets we went nearly every Saturday, only missed a couple in all that time.
We were able to go back stage to mingle with the orchestra, what with the fireworks as well great times! and not a bad little earner as we used to say.
DownloadedFile.jpeg

Arch

Married to Night Train
@Rockymountain .... I see from the other thread you like your classical the music. Did you ever go to the Kenwood Summer Classical concerts during the 90s?

We used to go to a concert each summer as a family. We had a friend who lived in London who would come too. We'd make a really posh picnic in a hamper and make a proper evening of it.

One year led to one of my greatest regrets ever. Sitting next to our picnic blanket was a group of obnoxious hooray yuppies, getting drunk. They talked over the music, and carried on doing so despite several people telling them to hush, and one guy threatening to punch them. Eventually, fortunately, they all dozed off. I spotted that one girl had kicked off her shoes, and I could have reached one shoe if I'd stretched out a toe. My regret? Being just too chicken to hook that shoe, and fill the toe with our leftover hummus and then put it back.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
From 1988 - 2001, myself and my brother had the contract with English Heritage to build the concert bowl and all that went with it. As we used to get free tickets we went nearly every Saturday, only missed a couple in all that time.
We were able to go back stage to mingle with the orchestra, what with the fireworks as well great times! and not a bad little earner as we used to say.
View attachment 31763
Wow now that really is something to be proud of. It's beautiful, what a fantastic piece of history you have created.

Mattonsea

Über Member
12 pages in one long read , you need a cuppa:wacko:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I have a rather loud American woman on my train, we have yet to leave Victoria. In the 5 mins I have been on the train I have learnt the following.
She had a pet raccoon cAlled Melanie videos of which are on You Tube, she hates Badgers but has never seen one and thinks foxes should be domesticated.

My journey hasn't even started yet :cry:

I have a rather loud American woman on my train, we have yet to leave Victoria. In the 5 mins I have been on the train I have learnt the following.
She had a pet raccoon cAlled Melanie videos of which are on You Tube, she hates Badgers but has never seen one and thinks foxes should be domesticated.

My journey hasn't even started yet :cry:
:hugs:
Don't you have a penknife or something you can sharpen while staring at her intently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom