Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

@Arch Is there an Ikea near you? You could get NT to treat you to a proper meatbally sunday lunch with all the fixin's

Arch

Married to Night Train
@Arch Is there an Ikea near you? You could get NT to treat you to a proper meatbally sunday lunch with all the fixin's

We go to the one in Warrington. But not today. Today we paint.

Are meatballs back on the menu then? Last time we went (months ago) meatballs were still off, due to horse meat.

We will have a ceremonial trip to Ikea when the bedroom is ready to use. It's the only place we can afford to buy super king size bedding.

Actually, I love Ikea. Preferably not at the weekend, when it's busy, but I do like a bit of nesting, and all the really cheap little odds and ends.

And the meatballs!

We got some tiny little elk sausages in the food shop, very snackable they were. Like the Morrisons crispy bacon rashers we nibbled on last night. OMG, like Frazzles, but real! Yum!

Right, time to get up, put the work clothes on and wield a roller.

Mattonsea

Über Member
That was only in 1995!
Its more like this now
View attachment 31519
thomas213_zpsae4fc7c7.jpg
Maize harvest this year

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Are meatballs back on the menu then? Last time we went (months ago) meatballs were still off, due to horse meat.

Yes the meatballs are on the menu. I went to the one at Wednesbury the other night (my first ever trip to an Ikea) with @gavgav to help him collect some furniture & we dropped in on the restaurant while there.

What does everyone else think of Ikea? I saw a lot of stuff I really liked, but also a lot that looked really cheap and tacky. I'm not sure I'd want any of the dining room furniture I saw for example.

Last edited:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Yes the meatballs are on the menu. I went to the one at Wednesbury the other night (my first ever trip to an Ikea) to help @gavgav collect some furniture & we dropped in on the restaurant while there.

What does everyone else think of Ikea? I saw a lot of stuff I really liked, but also a lot that looked really cheap and tacky. I'm not sure I'd want any of the dining room furniture I saw for example.
They were the only place I could find that did toddler chairs, as no one seems to eat at a table these days and so you cannot find chairs for small people that are in between high chair and normal chair anymore

They are good for jars and also glasses that are cheap that you do not mind if small people accidently break as they are sooooo cheap.

I hate entering Ikea with a passion the one in Southamtpon has a labyrinth type quality I went once with Mum and we seemed to get lost quite a lot and it took an age to find the tills and exit. Now I look online at stuff and send Mr P with a list.

TVC

Can't fault Ikea stuff. The sofa I am sitting on has lasted much better that previous ones I've paid more than double for, and new covers cost £40.
A lot of jokes are often made of flat pack furniture, and Ikea inherited them following the justified demise of MFI. The quality of Ikea stuff for the price is very good, today we are off to buy storage stuff for the airing cupboard, wouldn't think of trying anywhere else.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I only went to ikea once many years ago. Can't remember much about it, although I did have an ikea catalogue once and the kitchens seemed quite nice. Mfi was rubbish. A lot of stuff there had bits missing when you unpacked whatever you bought and we had to go all the way back to get the missing bit.

By the time you got back home after all the twoing and froing you no longer wanted the bloody thing you bought.

Arch

Married to Night Train
They were the only place I could find that did toddler chairs, as no one seems to eat at a table these days and so you cannot find chairs for small people that are in between high chair and normal chair anymore

They are good for jars and also glasses that are cheap that you do not mind if small people accidently break as they are sooooo cheap.

I hate entering Ikea with a passion the one in Southamtpon has a labyrinth type quality I went once with Mum and we seemed to get lost quite a lot and it took an age to find the tills and exit. Now I look online at stuff and send Mr P with a list.

Ah yes, Southampton is my sister's local IKEA, and sometimes when I visit we go and have a meatball lunch with the boys. It is one of the more confusing ones, but it's also one you can easily access by public transport, being in town.

I love IKEA stuff. It's a good place to get basic wooden stuff to stain or paint as you wish. We've got four little chests of drawers ready for the beadroom, at £20 each. NT being a woodworker, they assembled very carefully, so the corners are all perfect right angles and so on. People are surprised that a furniture maker rates IKEA, but he says it's good value for everyday stuff.

When I moved to University, 14 years ago, I bought an IKEA Startbox for the kitchen (sadly, they don't do that one now). It had saucepans, frying pan, mixing bowls, tupperware boxes of many sizes, utensils, a timer, and a couple of kitchen knives. Along with a set of cutlery, and a couple each of bowls and plates, I had everything needed for a basic kitchen, for about £100. I'm still using a lot of it today!

I'm a sucker for the market place. I don't NEED 50 tealights, but they're only a quid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom