Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I used to bucket-train my pigs so any escapes (of which there were many :rolleyes:) were resolved with the minimum fuss, though I gave up with one weaner who used to go break through the hedge onto the road, loop round the lane, up the drive and into the house through the dog flap, and then settle himself down in the dog's bed.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Many moons ago i did rugby tackle one as a last resort when i was farm sitting.That pig never escaped again.:evil:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I once got a boar on loan and went up to collect him. He wasn't keen on the idea of going in the trailer, not helped by the fact that his owner had fed him before I arrived. :rolleyes: He broke through the race we set up and jumped into a lake and swam to the other side rather than behave himself. :laugh:

Mattonsea

Über Member
I think I could write a book on the scrapes I have had chasing after errant animals .30 Aberdeen Angus on a Golf course, Calves at the ice cream kiosk on the cliff top a, 40 beef cows in a 200 acre wood and my personal favourite 30 odd sheep being chased by a Hercules transport on Salisbury Plain during the first Gulf War . It took 3 days to get them all back.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I think I could write a book on the scrapes I have had chasing after errant animals .30 Aberdeen Angus on a Golf course, Calves at the ice cream kiosk on the cliff top a, 40 beef cows in a 200 acre wood and my personal favourite 30 odd sheep being chased by a Hercules transport on Salisbury Plain during the first Gulf War . It took 3 days to get them all back.

Call yourself a farmer :whistle:

Lullabelle

Banana
You inspired a concept @Arch with you iddy piddy heffa lump, but it needs more work he is too floppy and his insides want to come out too often

View attachment 31007

You ladies are amazing, I feel quite useless.

Lullabelle

Banana
You'd feel better if you ever saw my attempts at knitting :thumbsup:

My grandma was terrific at knitting and sewing etc... us 2 girls had some really amazing toys when we were younger, all lovingly made by gran. She used to know people in the knitting trade so she was given scraps of wool that they couldn't use so she made humpty dolls and various other things then at Christmas she would take them in town to give to the Firemen who collected for a children's charity. I hope someone somewhere had as much joy from their toys as what we did, she really could make just about anything.

Lullabelle

Banana
Bloomin heck that took ages to get through all those posts, don't you lot have a life :whistle:

:hugs:to Lu who is really ill, so shush in the cheap seats.

Hopless needs her rest too, she has a big event on Sunday and is in training.

Speicher needs calm, it's a tough time of year and she needs all her energy to help her mum :hugs:

Puddles just needs any rest she can get.

As for the rest of you, one of you could at least put the kettle on i'm gasping after my 50 miler :angel:

Thank you Hill Wimp :hello:

Arch

Married to Night Train
You'd feel better if you ever saw my attempts at knitting :thumbsup:

When one knits every row (as opposed to knit and purl alternately) it's called Moss stitch. When my mum was learning to knit she dropped so many stitches and made so many holes, her Dad said she'd invented Moth stitch...

Sorry @ColinJ, the plaster dust should wash out.

It's very exciting. With the sanding done, we can deal with PVA, and even get some paint on the walls this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom