Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
:highfive:
Wait til they* go down with the sniffles. It'll keep you entertained til the clocks go forward again.
(* as in the men-folk, clearly.)
Is there a quiet corner in here I can use to curl up with my lemsip and packet of Mansize tissues and just weep? :cry:

Think it's progressed from slight sniffles to full on Man flu now, if I don't make it through this it's been nice knowing you (well most of you) :tongue:

:cuppa:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Is there a quiet corner in here I can use to curl up with my lemsip and packet of Mansize tissues and just weep? :cry:

Think it's progressed from slight sniffles to full on Man flu now, if I don't make it through this it's been nice knowing you (well most of you) :tongue:

Man up Patsy!

Kettle is on, I had to go out in the car :ohmy: to do shopping stuffs, that was an eye opener not driven a car in err ummm err quite a while about 2 months when I think about it!

Anyhoo I now have peacock feathers for tudor hats, and contents for shoe boxes, and birthday gifts to go with Mum to Ireland for the niece & nephew & also Yule euro's and gifts too... Oh and 3 enormous pumpkins and and and....

Also some iced buns which I may or may not have eaten half of whilst waiting ten minutes in the car park for pre-school to finish.....:blush:

Puddles

I pity anyone outside leisure riding today, nearly got blown sideways a few times on the way home, one of the few occasions where I'm just thinking about getting home rather than enjoying the ride :surrender:

Have more ginger nuts to help recovery :mrpig: :cuppa:
1378170_10151781747577885_848151750_n.jpg

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Goes without saying, surely?

Actually, I'd love to do some sort of non-fiction account of bimbling about on the bike (paid, naturally). Trying to get myself into writing again but it's not going very well. :blush:

Am also struggling to commit the directions for today's ride to memory. Suspect it will be very stop-and-start at each junction. The money I spent on Memory Map was very well spent indeed as at least I'll have proper (ie OS) maps to take with me.
Practice on us fiction or truth we don't mind or do an e book of good cycling routes and info of Somerset and we can give you glowing reviews on Amazon^_^

Hill Wimp

Yep just double checked as last year they said yes on the leaflet but then a later letter said no.

So we will be soap, flannel, toothbrush, paste, toy, crayons, colouring pad, cuddly toy, picture book for the User76 box and similar but with pencils, sharpener, lego, card game for Squidges. I was good and remembered to get Mum her "extra" leaflet this year with ours instead of having to go back and ask for another one at school.
And there was me thinking it was shoeboxes of goodies for our soldiers abroad but then I spotted crayons:eek: just how old is the average soldier.
So children get presents at school now ?

Hill Wimp

:tired:

Puddles

And there was me thinking it was shoeboxes of goodies for our soldiers abroad but then I spotted crayons:eek: just how old is the average soldier.
So children get presents at school now ?

We do those ones anyhoo as we know peoples in the hot place that is more sweeties, wet wipes & things...

These are the shoe boxes done by the Rotary Club for "disadvantaged children in Albania, Montenegro, Moldova & Philippines" and I just realised I forgot to ask Jim'nJane at the Poke Office for a couple of spare elastic bands to put round the box, ah well I shall have to do tomorrow, User76 & Squidge still need to write their letters for the box

Puddles

@Hill Wimp

I think the Shoeboxes are sent abroad, rather than to the children in school in this country. Puddles will, no doubt, tell you more, when she has collected small people from school, baked eleventy million cakes, and negotiated World Peace. ^_^

World Peace was easy - it's called keep Puddles out of the car... I did "Old People on a Sunday Drive" driving

No baking today, and dinner will be Duck Eggs (xx() and toast soldiers as we have 1/2 dozen of them I am not eating I am full from eating eleventy million iced buns.

I only had User76 to collect today, Mr P will be going in a minute as Squidge has football after school on Wednesdays. I am drinking tea and watching Harry Potter with Maggot.

You great wuss.
Oooo. I'm off. I've just seen scampi fries and the bottom of a pint of beer just above this..
Bye.
<scurries off>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom