Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

I've not seen Hill Wimp post for a while, is she ignoring us?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I went out today for my ride on my Thorn Raven - it's a trekking bike with 26x2 dureme tyres, a rear rack and has Rohloff gears. It's quite slow (or should I post, I'm quite slow) and I averaged about 13mph for the ride. After a couple of hours I was getting a little fed up with three things: (i) being ignored by cyclists who would normally wave (or at least acknowledge me) when I'm on my road bike (ii) being passed by cyclists who insist on getting really close (certainly close enough for me to smell their BO) - I like a little space so that I can avoid the humungous potholes round our way and having someone riding by who is soooooooo close really annoys me. (iii) huge groups of cyclists who think that they could beat Wiggo and his Sky team. They tend to take up the whole carriageway and make the other road users really angry.

So I came back feeling quite miserable with certain members of the north London cycling fraternity. I think I need a few route where there are no cyclists.......I may try the M1 tomorrow :giggle:

:laugh: i nearly wet myself reading that
:laugh:

Hill Wimp

Right comrades serious cycling chat now !

Thursday night i carb loaded because i fancied Macaroni Ceese and baked beans. Not like me at all but i just did.

Friday fantastic ride and could have carried on forever

Friday night normal chicken dish with roasted vegetables and because it was on offer a bit of Waitrose cheesecake.

Saturday, couldn't wait to get up and cycle off into the sunshine. 8 miles in and no energy. I was hoping to do about 60 today but i just couldn't. It was such hard work.

So tonight in anticipation of going out again tomorrow i'm going to carb load with pasta and see what happens tomorrow.

Hill Wimp

Oh another serious cycling post as i was very nearly bought up my flapjack whilst on my ride earlier.

Gents if you wear Lycra please get your good ladies to view your behinds whilst sitting on your bikes BEFORE you go out in public.

Today a MAMIL scalped me. He had quite obviously gone commando, as many do, but his Lycra shorts were virtually transparent at the rear and it had not started to rain by then.

It was not pleasant.

Hill Wimp

Is this you? :whistle:

kitten-with-flower.jpg

Thats so cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom