Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I went into a fancy dress shop in Leeds & asked for the first one mentioned. Staff left wondering whether I was being serious & one ran from the shop floor screaming.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
What a strange comment from your tutor, I've always found the German people to be polite. I really enjoyed the 'German' leg of our tour as everyone we met was nice (apart from one grumpy old man who wanted me to move my bike so he could sit down on a park bench)

Must be my German herytig harrit Grandmother who is responsible for my politeness. ^_^

Speicher

Vice Admiral
In a previous life, I was working as a typist in a Child Protection Unit of Social Services. The reports I had to type up (from audio tapes) was so horrendous, I just pretended to myself that I was typing up a novel for P D James. She wrote several "horror" type novels. This strategy worked for about ten months, and then I left to work with the West Mercia constabulary for a short while. They were temporary jobs, fortunately.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have bought a new lawnmower today. I have only had the old one for about twenty years. They do not make things to last do they?

It is a Bosch Ergoflex one that runs on electrickery, and has the option to mulch the cuttings back onto the lawn. I did think about a cordless one, but when the grass gets long, I was not convinced that a cordless one would have enough power.

I also bought some Snickers bars, some bread, and some apples.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
In a previous life, I was working as a typist in a Child Protection Unit of Social Services. The reports I had to type up (from audio tapes) was so horrendous, I just pretended to myself that I was typing up a novel for P D James. She wrote several "horror" type novels. This strategy worked for about ten months, and then I left to work with the West Mercia constabulary for a short while. They were temporary jobs, fortunately.

:hugs:
There are some very good (and gentle) books by a Yorkshire copper called Mike Pannett. My brain's just melted so can't remember the point I was going to make but they're worth a read.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
:hugs:
There are some very good (and gentle) books by a Yorkshire copper called Mike Pannett. My brain's just melted so can't remember the point I was going to make but they're worth a read.

I love reading and escaping into a good novel. Just finished Daniel Silvas new one and just started a James Patterson one. Have also got a few cycling books on the go. I will have a look at the Mike Pannett books, thanks Jo.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom