Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I was starving, now not so much :mrpig: :mrpig:

I will be unstarving in about 20 mins :hungry:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I wanted a hamper for my Mum's birthday, so I put out a recycling wish, and found an old wooden wine case in need of repair:
IMAG1039resized.jpg

NT fettled it, fixed some battens to the lid to make it a snug fit, and drilled some handle holes, and I lined it with an old French map, also found in the recycling:

IMAG1044resized.jpg

And then I filled it with shredded paper (old road atlas) and jars of home made jam, vinegar and herb oil:

IMAG1060resized.jpg

The thing that looks like a little packet of bonbons? That's a bit of a joke present, deliberately over-decoratively wrapped:

IMAG1057resized.jpg

Inside, it's one of these::laugh:
IMAG1056resized.jpg

Mum was saying she couldn't find one locally, and it's her preferred type of peeler.

Pleased with that. Even the tricolor ribbon was a freebie, saved from the 'Olympic' chocolate gold medals NT's Mum bought us last year!

The hamper also contains redcurrant jelly, blackberry jam, chive-flower vinegar and rosemary and bay olive oil.

NT is currently baking, using some eggs dropped round by a neighbour who has chickens. The neighbour also dropped in some little sample cupcakes she's made and decorated...:hungry:

But I expect you're all un-hungry now...

Biscuit

Legendary Member
I wanted a hamper for my Mum's birthday, so I put out a recycling wish, and found an old wooden wine case in need of repair:
View attachment 28305

NT fettled it, fixed some battens to the lid to make it a snug fit, and drilled some handle holes, and I lined it with an old French map, also found in the recycling:

View attachment 28306

And then I filled it with shredded paper (old road atlas) and jars of home made jam, vinegar and herb oil:

View attachment 28307

The thing that looks like a little packet of bonbons? That's a bit of a joke present, deliberately over-decoratively wrapped:

View attachment 28308

Inside, it's one of these::laugh:
View attachment 28309

Mum was saying she couldn't find one locally, and it's her preferred type of peeler.

Pleased with that. Even the tricolor ribbon was a freebie, saved from the 'Olympic' chocolate gold medals NT's Mum bought us last year!

The hamper also contains redcurrant jelly, blackberry jam, chive-flower vinegar and rosemary and bay olive oil.

NT is currently baking, using some eggs dropped round by a neighbour who has chickens. The neighbour also dropped in some little sample cupcakes she's made and decorated...:hungry:

But I expect you're all un-hungry now...

Brilliant!! I love the hamper idea!!! ^_^

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Can someone explain to me why my Mother thought that my nephew would arrive in his large Land Rover, when he visited her yesterday?

The fact that he does not own a large Land Rover seems to have escaped her notice. :scratch: I tactfully suggested that if she wanted him take things to the tip for her, that she asks him to use a large vehicle, rather than assuming that he will.

The sun is trying to escape from behind the clouds this afternoon. Do I sit in the sunshine or watch the cycling? :unsure:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I like that hamper. In fact, if anyone comes across any (good to use) wooden boxes / crates or tins, let me know.

Definitely not starving after the picnic lunch in the park. Very glad I took a flask of :cuppa: though as it was a bit :cold:. Now just got to stay awake for another 6 hours. :tired:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I like that hamper. In fact, if anyone comes across any (good to use) wooden boxes / crates or tins, let me know.

Definitely not starving after the picnic lunch in the park. Very glad I took a flask of :cuppa: though as it was a bit :cold:. Now just got to stay awake for another 6 hours. :tired:

I'll keep my eyes open!

We find all sorts, and it's funny how often we find just the thing one of us needs. Mum asked me to look out in charity shops for a kitchen roll holder, the sort that stands on a worktop. Not for kitchen roll, she wants to organise all her various rolls of sellotape, parcel tape, masking tape etc onto it, so she can lift them all at once off a shelf in the cupboard.

The very next day, one turned up in a recycling box. A chrome wire one with a spiral base. A few rust spots, but they cleaned off very easily, and it's pristine now.

I keep saying loudly how we need 40 square m of laminate flooring for the upstairs, but it hasn't turned up yet....

TVC

@Arch me want one.

Great afternoon, we walked down to the Skyride, drooled over one of Wiggo's bikes, sank a pint of Steamin' Billy Sky Diver, then picked up a big bag of samosas and kochuri for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom