Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

:hello:
:bicycle:
:hungry:
:addict:
:cuppa:
:hungry:
:tired:

And that is my plan for today.

Lullabelle

Banana
I don't think he will win this year.Raikkonen is a wee bit far on the table,but he might still win:unsure:
And next season Webber is leaving Redbull and F1 on the whole,I guess its good for him(after all that fighting between Vettel and him:rolleyes:) :smile:
It will be fun to see who Redbull take for a second driver:popcorn:

I rather like Mark, he took part in a ride a couple of years ago, TVC rode with him part of the way. Afterwards Mark spent ages signing autographs and having his pic taken with young fans, he genuinely seemed interested. Unfortunately now the sport has too many spoilt rich kids who want everything and get mardy when it doesn't happen (Hamilton-Vettel- etc..)

Nihal

Veteran
I rather like Mark, he took part in a ride a couple of years ago, TVC rode with him part of the way. Afterwards Mark spent ages signing autographs and having his pic taken with young fans, he genuinely seemed interested. Unfortunately now the sport has too many spoilt rich kids who want everything and get mardy when it doesn't happen (Hamilton-Vettel- etc..)
Agreed:highfive:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Jury's out, mainly because I was too tired to make sense of it on Saturday evening and didn't switch on the laptop yesterday for a second attempt. How do I get rid of the all the flags on imported routes?
I must confess that I like the map itself a lot more than the software that displays it! I assumed that they would have improved the software since I bought my version in 2006.

Some people don't understand that what they have is effectively a giant bitmap with a transparent elevation grid overlaid on it. They expect to be able to automatically follow roads when plotting routes, but you need vector mapping to be able to do that.

I got into the habit of editing old tracks rather than starting new ones because constantly plotting the roads near home is a pain. You can split tracks, and connect adjacent tracks as long as you are careful to align the start of one with the end of the other. (Both are available under 'Operations' on the right click menu.)

I very rarely load other people's routes/tracks so I don't have to deal with surplus flags. I have found that I saved some of my old routes as 'locked' though which left every waypoint locked. That meant when I deleted the routes, the waypoints were left behind! You will probably have to delete unwanted things one at a time. That is easier done via the right click menu's 'Properties' option.

You will probably find yourself wondering whether to use routes or tracks. I started off with routes because you can edit them more easily than tracks and because routes use waypoints which can be named. The problem with routes for me is the limited waypoint memory on my GPS. It has much more trackpoint memory so I use tracks now.

MM may (should!) have improved some of these things by now but I haven't used the new software so I don't know if they have.

Love the map, get irritated by the software!

Lullabelle

Banana
Well, that was a good couple of hours spent in the garden, lawns mowed and weeds pulled. The wind is starting to pick up here so I guess the bad stuff can't be far away. TVC is still out on his :bicycle: no doubt stopped off for a :cuppa: somewhere.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
N+1 = 5 has arrived: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-1980s-RALEIGH-TEAM-RACER-RACING-BIKE-/190846509447

$T2eC16R,!)EE9s2ugN8jBRomgrG37g~~60_58.JPG

Bought for a very reasonable sum.

I've given it quick (5 minute) check-over, pumped up tyres, etc. and it all seems OK apart from the rear wheel needing trueing and a couple of spokes. The tyres seem new although have sidewall cracks due to age/deflation and there's new brake blocks all round.

Lullabelle

Banana
Well, that was a good couple of hours spent in the garden, lawns mowed and weeds pulled. The wind is starting to pick up here so I guess the bad stuff can't be far away. TVC is still out on his :bicycle: no doubt stopped off for a :cuppa: somewhere.

TVC has now returned and is taking out his contact lenses before he has a shower. Oven is switched on for the beef slices (pastis) and kettle boiled for the peas, possibly even a :cuppa:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom