Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
He's got better other things to do ... :whistle:

Still, some of us will be hitting the hills on foot in the morning!

I might end up walking up a hill or two with this compact gearing :tongue:

TVC

I struggle with hills these days.....in 1986, I did my first Yorkshire Dales triathlon which included five or six 1:4 hills. I used to be able to do it on a road bike with a 42:21 bottom gear. I rode part of the course on my MTB last year with a 30:34 bottom gear and nearly didn't make it up Buttertubs Pass. Perhaps I need an electric bike :whistle:
i__315.jpg

:whistle::hello:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
:rofl:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'll be doing some walking over the weekend :thumbsup: - we are up in the Dales. So a quick trip to Semer Water is on the cards tomorrow.
Sounds nice!
Hope your walk goes well, Colin.
Thanks. Oldfatfool has managed to get an emergency physio appointment for his bad knee so he won't be coming now. That means there will probably be only 3 of us doing the walk, plus cubist's dog?
+1

I did look at accommodation but then I looked at the train fare :eek:
Try Megabus - if you book in advance and travel when others don't want to, you can get tickets from Exeter to Manchester for £5 each way! Manchester Victoria railway station is less than a 5 minute walk down one road from Shudehill bus station and Advance off peak tickets between MV & HB cost £3.50 each way, so you could get from Exeter to HB and back for £17 if you planned ahead! :smile:

You wouldn't be able to bring a bike, but that wouldn't be a problem for a walking trip.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Also unable to bring the dog, which IMHO is essential for a walking trip :tongue:

Nice thought though. :thumbsup: Hope you don't have our :rain:.

:cuppa:
Ah, sorry - that slipped my mind! I did check that cubist could take his dog on the bus today.

It is a bit drizzly here at the moment but it is supposed to dry up over the next couple of hours. It looks like the sunshine won't arrive until we are nearly back though. :sad: Ha, and just as I type that - the sun comes out! :thumbsup::sun:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Local buses tend to be fine, it's the national services that are a problem. Megabus seems to object to even taking guide dogs, stipulating that they must be kept out of the way of other passengers. I mean, have you *ever* seen or heard of a guide dog that wasn't well-behaved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom