Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Surely doesn't apply to you, Archie. I always had you down as a svelte, sylph like sort of person. :whistle:
That's right R, obviously I was incensed on behalf of our cuddly tea drinkers.... [cough...spills hot tea...ow]

Night Train

Maker of Things
:hello: ........... looks around .................. there is a lot of stocky people in here ................ :giggle:
I guess I should include myself there too.

Yesterday I was building the stud wall around the shower enclosure and rather then walk all the way around through two rooms, to pick up my dropped pencil, I decided to squeeze through between two timber studs that I hadn't 'noggin'ed' yet.
I almost got stuck in the 9 1/2" gap.:blush:
There was a lot of breathing in, breathing out, rib cage compression, and eventually belt removal, before I got free again.^_^

Night Train

Maker of Things
...suggestions for how to get the m,n,k and j working on a keyboard gratefully received... [sent from Tapatalk]
Wash keyboard.

The keys should unclip but you may not need to as it is usually dirt (biscuit crumbs) trapped under the membrane.
Remove the keyboard, soak in water, rinse through, stand it on end to drip, and then leave in a warm dry place until fully dried out.

It worked for Arch's keyboard when she spilled some beer on it. It did take several attempts to get all the beer out though.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
...suggestions for how to get the m,n,k and j working on a keyboard gratefully received... [sent from Tapatalk]

Usually for me it's to do with food in the keyboard somewhere. Usually a bit of sandwich or may I be so bold as to suggest ...well...er...cake! Turn over keyboard and give it a good belt. Then hoover up the resulting bio-hazard that was in your keyboard. :thumbsup:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
My *eyboard is *ow fu**y fu*ctio*a*...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I wanted to up my cycling distance today and didn't want to do it on my little local road loop so I arranged a ride with a friend on our mountain bikes. No serious offroading though - just along the Calder Valley Cycleway and Rochdale canal towpath to Luddenden Foot and back.

As it happened though, the sun emerged from behind the clouds and we decided to continue to Sowerby Bridge where we found a cafe and caught some rays.

Afterwards, we took a look at the steepish climb to Sowerby village which would then have given us an undulating scenic ride back, but we both thought "Nah, too much like hard work!" and went home by the reverse of our ride out.

20 km total (12.5 miles). I feel okay apart from a slightly tender bum, because these days it is not used to spending a couple of hours on the saddle.

Of interest on this route ...

@Arch & @Night Train - the Cycleway goes through a yard which is home to a fine selection of vintage buses available for hire for weddings! A little research shows that they belong to The Yorkshire Heritage Bus Company Ltd.

Vintage bus hire.jpg

Wedding bus hire.jpg

We came into Sowerby Bridge at Tuel Lane lock - the deepest in the UK at nearly 20 feet! For obvious reasons, you are not supposed to get too close to it, but I hopped over a fence to snap a quick picture.

Tuel Lane lock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom