Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
1316505010-293.jpg

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
:laugh:

TVC

I upset a phone scammer today. It was the guy from India claiming to be from windows, and there were error messages about hackers from my computer..... bhah....blah.... So, I played along for a bit, then stopped him and asked if this is the kind of thing his mum wanted him to do with his life, and if she was proud of him. I said, never mind I'm sure he would soon find a job that contributes to society and he would find happiness.

Anyway, two minutes later he phones back and starts abusing me calling me a mother watsit and all kinds of unsavoury stuff. I think I hit a nerve and ruined his day, bless.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I upset a phone scammer today. It was the guy from India claiming to be from windows, and there were error messages about hackers from my computer..... bhah....blah.... So, I played along for a bit, then stopped him and asked if this is the kind of thing his mum wanted him to do with his life, and if she was proud of him. I said, never mind I'm sure he would soon find a job that contributes to society and he would find happiness.

Anyway, two minutes later he phones back and starts abusing me calling me a mother watsit and all kinds of unsavoury stuff. I think I hit a nerve and ruined his day, bless.

:laugh: Fun isnt it.

A few of my customers have been scammed by these guys and on a couple of instances they even left contact numbers, so I rang them and managed to get a couple of refunds after telling them exactly what I thought of them. I have also written letters to the banks on the customers behalf and got the money back that way. I have reported them to the police but they arent in the least bit interested.

They have now started to go more "legit" by claiming they will maintain your PC remotely, which is a load of old bobbins as most of the faults I fix on PC's could not be fixed remotely because it either wont boot or wont work on the internet. One of my customers paid one of these companies £300 for a 3 year "contract", when I fixed his PC I realized he had been scammed and told him and but he already knew, his PC is work about £100 so he would have been better chucking it in the bin and getting a new one than paying them £300.

It is amazing how many people get scammed by these guys, they are mostly old people who have no idea about PC's.

Reactions: TVC

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
:hungry::mrpig:

Was thinking earlier that I erred when I came over all :angel: in the village and failed to buy any chocolate. But the landlords have given me a box for doing some computer stuff for them :wahhey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom