Tape to repair freezer drawer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Freezer drawer split, and attempts to repair with Araldite along the split haven't held. I'm thinking I need something my dad used to use - some kind of fibre-glass (I think) tape or sheeting, saturated with some kind of liquid - epoxy of some kind? Don't know, and googling is just confusing me. Ring any bells? Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Gorilla tape. Been there 10 years.

Attachments

• 20240821_130750.jpg
    20240821_130750.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 16

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Incidentally, I lived about 80% of my life thinking that glue meant exactly the same thing as adhesive! In fact, I thought "adhesive" was the fancier, possibly more scientific term :P
I was educated in these matters by engineer colleagues pedants of more ... "advanced" years than myself.

FTFY :smile:

PaulSB

Squire
For the avoidance of doubt I was being silly!

Oh, don't worry.....that was loud and clear. 🤣🤣🤣

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The adhesive on glassfibre plaster scrim tape is extremely weak, only really designed to hold the tape in place before you plaster some joint filler into it. I've never tried impregrating it with polyester resin but it might work. How about trying a heavy duty cross weave packaging tape? It has glass fibre strands running at right angles to each other and the adhesive is really aggressive. It should work by itself.

See here.....
https://www.vikingtapes.co.uk/products/pack-of-3m-8954-x-weave-filament-tape?variant=33203306266687

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Never say never, but it felt pretty robust while I was refilling it...

1724425984205.png

Fingers crossed!

And thanks again.

(Don't think I'll be going into the freezer drawer business somehow :smile:)

Top Bottom