Spotted for sale elsewhere: Vintage / Classic bikes, framesets and components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Why would you have two?!🤣

Because you can't find a third one

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Trek 1400, 22.5", Manchester, £40, Muppetplace:

Probably late '90s from the spec; sub-optimal unicrown fork but looks like a proper quill stem and the STIs suggest it'll take a modern groupset if you're so inclined. Looks like a lot of decent steel for the money..

438080324_1668132810659493_3299617234155782787_n.jpg

wafter

Got those guards on my CX - front one has broken in nearly the same place too

Didn't even notice that; while I'm all for guards, my motivation was more from the perspective of crimes against visual taste :tongue:

wafter

Only ones I could find to fit that cost over a ton a set

Crikey - I guess being a CX bike it doesn't have dedicated mounts..? That always looks like a faff. I love SKS Longboards (c. £45) but they need the appropriate bosses on the frame to fit..

FrothNinja

Veteran
Crikey - I guess being a CX bike it doesn't have dedicated mounts..? That always looks like a faff. I love SKS Longboards (c. £45) but they need the appropriate bosses on the frame to fit..

You have it in one, no mounts + carbon forks = bugger all choice if I wanted a guard that actually works

Last edited:

meek42

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
I picked this up! Or at least I think I did since the link no longer works. Was it the Sun Worksop bike? I've just joined so can't share pics yet but would be extremely grateful for help identifying and dating it.

Well if you live in Norfolk and it's a green Sun bike that you bought for £40 through a gumtree advert then it could well be the same bike.

Keep answering posts and you will soon be able to post pictures

@meek42 welcome to cycle chat

Top Bottom