Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I've been talked into...well shall we say pushed into by the 73 year old guy who runs the kidsgrove wheelers ! To enter my first 10 mile TT on Wednesday night ...gulp !

any bets on the time...haha, no point betting less than 45 minutes. ...hahaha

I'm old and fat and I can do 10 miles at a massive pace of 38 minutes, so if you don't do it sub 35, don't come back:wacko:

IanA

I'm old and fat and I can do 10 miles at a massive pace of 38 minutes, so if you don't do it sub 35, don't come back:wacko:

haha, yea, but you've done nearly 4000 mi,es, I've only done around 250 ! still got sparrow legs !

Well, I think that was one of the least enjoyable rides so far. Horrible gusty winds. Hurts my back pushing against it and latest saddle still giving me grief. Fed up. Wasted a couple of hundred pounds that I can't afford trying different ones and I think only difference is each one hurts a different bit!

If this is as good as it is going to get I would be as well giving up or cutting back to just a couple of rides a week and trying to get back into running instead.......I think it was less painful!

:

I feel for you Mo, please stick with it, it has to get better soon.

Ciar

Veteran
Well, I think that was one of the least enjoyable rides so far. Horrible gusty winds. Hurts my back pushing against it and latest saddle still giving me grief. Fed up. Wasted a couple of hundred pounds that I can't afford trying different ones and I think only difference is each one hurts a different bit!

If this is as good as it is going to get I would be as well giving up or cutting back to just a couple of rides a week and trying to get back into running instead.......I think it was less painful!

Average right down to 13mph today :blush: Tomorrow is at least looking like being wet but less windy. Probably stick one of the previous saddles back on again...........hmmmm which one to choose. :wacko:

As everyone else has already said mate stick with it, just one question I presume you wear cycling shorts of a type with padding? even though I am a novice again myself, that's one thing I remember from the past was cycling shorts and the extra padding they give.

Sounds like you might have overdone it a bit, take it easier on your next trip.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well just tried the 5.3 mile route without the 7yr old, did it in 29 mins, few little climbs left me feeling dead, am home now and feel sick and now have a horrible migraine, that can't be normal??
Could be an exertion headache when you are still relatively unfit. Keep up the fluids and just take your time until your fitness builds up. Plenty of time for increasing speed/distance/climbing efforts a few weeks down the line.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Well just tried the 5.3 mile route without the 7yr old, did it in 29 mins, few little climbs left me feeling dead, am home now and feel sick and now have a horrible migraine, that can't be normal??

Most of us started like this.

Have plenty to drink, don't worry about the time, enjoy yourself and in a few months you will be amazed at the progress you have made.

The Dwaff Family

I am a migraine sufferer, don't think it helped that I wasn't wearing glasses, will try again later in the week, but hard to think about keeping at it if I keep getting migraines and now feel ill, keeping the spirits up is hard :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom