Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And also well done on the 2000 miles! Over what time period is that?
Thanks, its over 300ft more than yesterday and nearly 8 miles more. 2.1 miles short of a 100 could have kicked myself.
Time period since June the 23rd.
This was the ride I did then
23/06/2012 8.53 miles 54'54" mins, 9.3 avg sp, 400ft gained, 400ft lost.
I just dont seem to get any faster any more if anything i am getting slower.

Well done for the 2000 mile marker :wahhey:
Thanks.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Wow, 2000 miles in four months is fantastic!

Don't worry too much about your speed, it's probably just the increased climbing taking it's toll.

Wow, 2000 miles in four months is fantastic!

Don't worry too much about your speed, it's probably just the increased climbing taking it's toll.

Thanks again, but to be far I do have quite a bit of free time.
Yea I know, plus I carry quite a bit really, as I dont have any means of backup, i.e. a lift, so I have to be able to get my bike back on the road, at the least to the point it will get me most of the way home.
This was looking down into Conisbrough.
pic

Reece

Veteran
A nice early ride with my club this morning.Was very misty out and all the condensation on my lycra decided to frost over lol. Weird bit being, I wasn't actually cold. Wanted to do the social ride too to get myself 50miles again, but I'm off bike shopping now lol!

http://app.strava.com/rides/25640744

Going to try the club Saturday ride of 45miles at a faster pace next week, hopefully anyway. Around 14-17mph avg, but joining a few of the Sunday riders on it so we can stay grouped together if we don't keep up.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Thanks again, but to be far I do have quite a bit of free time.
Yea I know, plus I carry quite a bit really, as I dont have any means of backup, i.e. a lift, so I have to be able to get my bike back on the road, at the least to the point it will get me most of the way home.
This was looking down into Conisbrough.
pic

Yep those panniers will certainly add quite a bit of weight! I just carry a spare inner tube, tyre levels and a puncture repair kit stuffed in my jersey, plus a pump on the frame. But then again I know I can call someone and get a lift home if needs be.

A nice early ride with my club this morning.Was very misty out and all the condensation on my lycra decided to frost over lol. Weird bit being, I wasn't actually cold. Wanted to do the social ride too to get myself 50miles again, but I'm off bike shopping now lol!

Going to try the club Saturday ride of 45miles at a faster pace next week, hopefully anyway. Around 14-17mph avg, but joining a few of the Sunday riders on it so we can stay grouped together if we don't keep up.

Nice one mate, that's a great pace! You should be OK with the faster pace next week, if that many of the Sunday riders are joining they'll probably slow the pace down to 15mph or so which is what you've done today anyway.

Once again I slept 8 hours and then got up for about 20 mins, ate something and slept for another 6 hours. Most unlike me. Normally I only sleep 6 hours a night. I'm not sure if I'm still fighting off a bug or whether it's just weeks of overdoing it catching up with me. Not sure whether I'm going to try and go on the bike again later.

Yep those panniers will certainly add quite a bit of weight! I just carry a spare inner tube, tyre levels and a puncture repair kit stuffed in my jersey, plus a pump on the frame. But then again I know I can call someone and get a lift home if needs be.
All good practise for when I can start carrying my camera kit.

Nice one Reece, though that Somerfield Way Climb needs flagging I think, 15ft in 1/4 of mile, I dont think thats a cat 4. I did 140ft in 1/2 yesterday and that isn't a cat 4. There was a section near me that was very similar, Ferrybridge bypass that i had to flag, it shows as a cat4 but the elevation graph shows a decline, shame really as the VAM is 4262.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Can I claim my first metric century? I know it's in miles rather than klicks, but here it is.
Metric Century 002.jpg

Reece

Veteran
Nice one Reece, though that Somerfield Way Climb needs flagging I think, 15ft in 1/4 of mile, I dont think thats a cat 4. I did 140ft in 1/2 yesterday and that isn't a cat 4. There was a section near me that was very similar, Ferrybridge bypass that i had to flag, it shows as a cat4 but the elevation graph shows a decline, shame really as the VAM is 4262.
Yes it does need flagging. Will look into next time I'm on the PC.

Reece

Veteran
Likewise though I thought about leaving it till spring, as I am not very good at getting motivated in the morning.
I'm going to go for if next week, weather depending. Going for both rides on the Sunday (53miles) so then just Dd the extra miles after on my own going the long way home.

This all depends on if I do the Saturday ride, but maybe fetching my new bike then instead, fingers crossed.

I'm going to go for if next week, weather depending. Going for both rides on the Sunday (53miles) so then just Dd the extra miles after on my own going the long way home.

This all depends on if I do the Saturday ride, but maybe fetching my new bike then instead, fingers crossed.
Well being the loner I am, I will be doing it on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom