Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just broke the 50mile barrier earlier. 52.6 miles and I'm happy. now for the metric century lol!
52.6 miles that's half way to the moon, isn't it?

Well done that man.

I only managed a 9miles today as the weekends are with the boys, pace a lot slower etc ( athough they are fun).
Hopefully get some better rides when they are at school in the week.

DaveyM

Über Member
52 miles!!! :becool:

Well done you.

Already looking towards the metric century :bravo:

Reece

Veteran
52 miles!!! :becool:

Well done you.

Already looking towards the metric century :bravo:
One of the other club members went to do a few more miles. Wished I'd gone with him as felt like I could do more when got home.

Although I always have the niggling worry in the back of my mind, think what if my legs just give up say 10miles from home lol.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Just broke the 50mile barrier earlier. 52.6 miles and I'm happy. now for the metric century lol!

http://app.strava.com/activities/24993283

This ride was made of 2 club runs, the early ride (14-16mph avg) and was the 1st time they've done this route and had some big hills. Never got off the bike on them and actually pushed myself to get up them in decent time with a few others. We made our way back for the start to meet others for the social ride (10-12mph avg) and had a cafe stop on that one 13miles in. Not worried about my avg speed etc as the social ride brought it down anyway. Really can't believe the extra motivation I get from riding in a club/group.

All in all I don't feel like I've done 52miles today and still felt as if had more in me when got home. Not bad for 5 or 6 weeks in of riding properly.

well done Reece! a huge barrier to break. 62 next!!

Clubs really do make you as a rider, doesnt matter whether its a slow social ride, or a 20mph average nutter road race, both are insanely good fun and can get you over some real fitness plateau's.

Well it all started with a joke if I am honest. We have a camper can and I always wanted some form of transport to 'nip to the shops' without moving the van...
Not long ago, work started doing a tax free bike scheme, so I pondered it, along with a couple of colleagues who cycle quite regularly...then came the joke...next year Nige, you fancy riding the length of the Leeds Liverpool canal in a day, it's only 127 miles, I said yes.
I got my bike sorted and the trailer (part of the deal), rode a mile and a half and was dead...bad idea I thought, but the following weekend (last weekend) I decided to take the daughter for a spin in her trailer, several laps of the local park and 8 miles later I actually enjoyed it (I was shocked), so made plans to get some practise in, yesterday was the first, Brighouse to sowerby bridge (15.1 miles), loved it, next Sunday is Brighouse to Todmorden (28 miles) then the plans are Rochdale and then Manchester (total of 81 miles) all towing my daughter.

NickJ95GB

i've been cycling properly for 4 months, and did a 42 miles ride today to get to know my new road bike, on the coast (making up around 38 miles of the ride) i was riding between 15.5 and 19.0mph, is this any good? good enough to start races? my most common speed was 16.5mph i'd guess, maybe 16.0

i've been cycling properly for 4 months, and did a 42 miles ride today to get to know my new road bike, on the coast (making up around 38 miles of the ride) i was riding between 15.5 and 19.0mph, is this any good? good enough to start races? my most common speed was 16.5mph i'd guess, maybe 16.0
Your doing better than me.

NickJ95GB

Your doing better than me.
haha, thanks, i've been really trying :smile: it must be my bike, though :smile:

Way better than me!

I am waiting for funds for the triban 3, so good to hear you are liking it.

trampyjoe

Just had a big (for me) weekend. In-laws were looking after daughter whilst me and the wife went into Cambridge (aka land where I nearly had a melt down because nearly every cyclist did something wrong).
They live near Peterborough and we live just outside Northampton. Wife and Daughter went in the car and I biked it.
36 miles there on Saturday (with a hangover as wife went friday night so my mate took me to the pub).
36 miles back Sunday (with hardly any sleep as little one was ill during the night) which was mostly into a strong wind :sad:
Great fun though and my legs aren't feeling it too much today.

Think I know why I struggled so much on sat. Come out in a proper snotty cold with rank sore throat last night and feel totally pants today. Don't feel like I can turn a pedal so decided gonna have the week out of the saddle and start again next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom