Shopping for a budget drivetrain + rear wheel replacement on Windsor Wellington 1.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bugaboo

I am looking to fix my bike, but I have never touched the bottom bracket on any bike before. It seems to me like these parts should fit, but not really sure.
SHIMANO BB-UN300 Bottom Bracket - English, 68 x 110mm Spindle, Square Taper JIS
Shimano FC-A070 Road Bike Crankset Without Cog, 50-34T/170mm
SHIMANO,One Size,Silber/Schwarz,EMFTZ5007434 Tourney/TY MF-TZ500 7-Speed Multiple Freewheel, 14-34 Tooth
TANAUT Road Bicycle Wheelset 700c, Double-Layer Aluminium Alloy Rim, Rim Height 30mm, Road Bicycle Front...
Also I need to add a chain to the mix, but it would be great to know if I already messed up. Is there something obviously wrong?

Jameshow

Veteran
You might be better off on a USA site?

Just a thought?

Don't recognise the brand is it's a USA make?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This does seem like a US sold bike. Could you post a link to the bike with specs please?
Likely is a square taper BB (UN300) but you need to know the length.
What makes you think the BB needs changing?

Fredo76

Über Member
The wheels you specified are for a rear end with 130mm between the rear dropouts. You should measure the distance between your rear dropouts before ordering wheels, if you haven't already. The freewheel you listed is an old-style screw-on one, for a hub with threads. The hubs on the wheels are new style, with cogs that slide on, with splines and a lockring to hold them. The cog sets that match are called cassettes, not freewheels, as the new style free wheeling mechanism is part of the hub, not part of the cogs.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The wheels you specified are for a rear end with 130mm between the rear dropouts. You should measure the distance between your rear dropouts before ordering wheels, if you haven't already. The freewheel you listed is an old-style screw-on one, for a hub with threads. The hubs on the wheels are new style, with cogs that slide on, with splines and a lockring to hold them. The cog sets that match are called cassettes, not freewheels, as the new style free wheeling mechanism is part of the hub, not part of the cogs.

Ah but with a dropout spacing of 126mm a 130 will fit in relatively easily with no 'adjustment' to the frame.

Top Bottom