Residents of Bath

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
My wife and her pals have just spent a long weekend Fri-Mon in Bath . Lovely looking town etc and initial thoughts on Fri were this quite nice . However ….. as the weekend has gone on , they have found it one of the most unfriendly towns they have ever stayed at . Bar staff , some members of the public as well . Maybe all coincidences but as group whom do this every year and visit various towns this is up there .
So come on it can’t be all that bad surely ? Or is life just miserable down south :laugh: .

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
We visited Bath a few years back and had a thoroughly good time exploring around the town etc etc .
And we have talked about going again but not got round to booking anything yet .

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
It's full of blonde Sloanes and yummy mummies with sunglasses on top of their heads. At night it can be a little intimidating - I've often been there at midnight on a bike. Traffic is atrocious.

Big John

Guru
Never visited Bath in all my 68 years until this year. Place was rammed but what we saw of it was nice. Very expensive to see the main attractions but we were only there for one day. Wouldn't go again having now walked it to death. It'll never be short of visitors thanks to the Romans.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It'll never be short of visitors thanks to the Romans.

they left a while ago, its more Chinese tour buses from London nowadays :okay:

My wife and her pals have just spent a long weekend Fri-Mon in Bath . Lovely looking town etc and initial thoughts on Fri were this quite nice . However ….. as the weekend has gone on , they have found it one of the most unfriendly towns they have ever stayed at . Bar staff , some members of the public as well . Maybe all coincidences but as group whom do this every year and visit various towns this is up there .
So come on it can’t be all that bad surely ? Or is life just miserable down south :laugh: .

We live down the road from there so not so much of a language barrier. We actually met one of them who had escaped and visited our town and he seemed quite friendly. We haven't been to Bath for a year now so can't really comment but you probably came across people who had moved into the area.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
I'm very local to Bath but only go there when I really have too.

Traffic and night life no worse than other nearby cities like Bristol but for me there are no shops supplying above and beyond what I can get in out of town retail parks. Crowds of tourists clogging the high Street, pubs at £6 pint and an abundance of:

15b221f9b6ed421e3615902ba756f1ec.png

images.jpeg

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Perhaps they've had enough of tight fisted, moaning northerners. :okay:

Maybe so :laugh: But when the barmen had to be persuaded to make cocktails for my wife and her pal , it seemed too much bother ! Lad was just plain rude ! Same with the waiter in Millar and Carter , couldn’t be less interested in taking their order if he had tried ! Obviously don’t need the money !

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
We live down the road from there so not so much of a language barrier. We actually met one of them who had escaped and visited our town and he seemed quite friendly. We haven't been to Bath for a year now so can't really comment but you probably came across people who had moved into the area.

Possibly , like to think tourists or our brethren from over the border would get a nice welcome up here , they certainly would locally. One other example which was strange reaction , my wife accidentally bumped into two women walking past on the path , she turned round to one of them and apologised for accidentally nudging them , one of them looked at her and said “ no your not “ . All seemed abit inflammatory and they were probably drunk !
Anyway I’m sure it’s nice place but must be full of weird incomers so thanks but no thanks !

Top Bottom