Recommend a door bell to, suit me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gzoom

Über Member
It's a big house so the ability to tell the caller to hang on till I get there.
Maybe 3 remotes for different rooms.
I don't want a subscription.
Other suggestions welcome.

We are getting an Eufy one fitted, works like Ring but without subscription.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
How far back in time can you look - if you have an issue you need to view - and don’t have a paid subscription ?

With the Eufy, and the Blink, which I mentioned above, if you have the local storage options, also mentioned, then, clips are stored on the local storage. The length of time they are stored for depends on the level of activity, and the time period selected for clips (and in the case of the Blink, the size memory card you choose to put in the Sync Module), The EUFY has a fixed storage 16GB I think it is).

Tenkaykev

Guru
I have/had a very similar setup to @BoldonLad, 1 Blink wireless video doorbells in a nestbox and a blink outdoor battery camera used as a wildlife camera. I have the little blink hub that lets you store footage on a usb memory card. The issue I had was the link between the Blink hub and the video doorbells was weak resulting in rapid battery depletion. There is one particular brand of lithium battery that the device is optimised for and replacements aren't particularly cheap.
A few weeks ago I took advantage of a deal and purchased a Eufy Solo cam. It is 2k resolution and has an internal battery that is recharged by a solar panel that is built in to the device. No subscription required. I have it pointed at the hedgehog house. I was really impressed so I purchased an indoor 2k camera which was quite cheap, it is USB powered and I have fitted it in an open fronted nesting box to protect it from the elements, this is at ground level and points directly towards the entrance to the hedgehog house. Both have been exceptionally good with regard to video quality and triggering, though I am still playing around with the settings. I have ordered the Eufy hub as it has 16Gb of internal storage and space for a SSD or HDD so can store many months of recordings depending on disk size. From what I've read the hub sets up its own Eufy specific wireless network which has an excellent range. Next step will probably be one of their wireless doorbells for the nesting box.

Top Bottom