Reading about someone called David Grhol fathering a 'love child' it made me wonder which famous person I'd like to be the love child of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ronnie Pickering

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I tend to feel sorry for the child of a famous father or mother, because I would imagine it could put all sorts of unwanted pressure on the child.
Comparisons are almost inevitable, whether the parent is intellectually outstanding, where school in particular could be hell, or in the fields of the arts, where acting, songwriting, musicianship etc, is on public display.

Reminds me of something I read about the nephew saying his uncle is superman and no one believed him, they had a surprise when he took him to school 👍

Alex321

Guru
I must admit, I hate the term "love child".

If you actually love somebody enough to deliberately produce a child with them, then you stay with them and bring the child up together.

Fathering a bastard outside your marriage or long term partnership, while intending staying with your long term partner is not IMO a "love child".

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I must admit, I hate the term "love child".

If you actually love somebody enough to deliberately produce a child with them, then you stay with them and bring the child up together.

Fathering a bastard outside your marriage or long term partnership, while intending staying with your long term partner is not IMO a "love child".

Yes, but think of it in the perspective of the innocent child brought into this world. I reckon that's preferable to being called a "bastard" or a "one night stand" or "toilet" child.

Alex321

Guru
Yes, but think of it in the perspective of the innocent child brought into this world. I reckon that's preferable to being called a "bastard" or a "one night stand" or "toilet" child.

Really?

"Oh, my dad loved my mum enough to impregnate her, but not enough to leave his wife and other children. That makes me a 'love child'."

Even thoiug in this particular case, Grohl said he intends being a supporting and loving parent to the child.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Really?

"Oh, my dad loved my mum enough to impregnate her, but not enough to leave his wife and other children. That makes me a 'love child'."

Even thoiug in this particular case, Grohl said he intends being a supporting and loving parent to the child.

People are a lot less black and white about it tbh. This happened with my uncle and fathered more of a "secret" child that nobody know about in the family until he died and he showed up at the funeral. He saw him as his dad and not some media made up label.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Anyone who is super rich would be fine :smile:

Alex321

Guru
People are a lot less black and white about it tbh. This happened with my uncle and fathered more of a "secret" child that nobody know about in the family until he died and he showed up at the funeral. He saw him as his dad and not some media made up label.

Yes, I understand that. I just don't like the term "love child", as if a child born in a normal loving ling term relationships is not a "love child".

Reactions: JtB

a.twiddler

Veteran
None. Life can be hard enough without being the acknowledged or unacknowledged offspring of someone famous (or even some nonentity celebrity reality TV person) without the media attention that goes with it.

Top Bottom