Premium bonds - weird coincidence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Not a sausage. Zip. Nada. Niente.

vickster

Legendary Member
£125, hoped for more after two nil months

Brandane

Legendary Member
feck all for me again

Same here. Nothing since December 2023!! I feel they have marked me down as a rebel because I withdrew the vast majority of my bonds in protest at the lack of return, leaving a few K's worth for easy access to cash if I need it. Certainly not tempted to re-invest in them :cursing:

presta

Guru
Same here. Nothing since December 2023!! I feel they have marked me down as a rebel because I withdrew the vast majority of my bonds in protest at the lack of return, leaving a few K's worth for easy access to cash if I need it. Certainly not tempted to re-invest in them :cursing:

But that's how it works, and is supposed to work, the more bonds you have the higher your chance of winning.

Brandane

Legendary Member
But that's how it works, and is supposed to work, the more bonds you have the higher your chance of winning.

Obviously... But my holding of bonds is not an insignificant amount. If I put it in an ISA or whatever at 5% per annum, it would be earning about £300 per year interest. Or £150 in the 6 months during which it has earned precisely ZERO interest as premium bonds.
But yes, PB's are a gamble, and one I am willing to take ... up to a point.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Have a look at MSE's latest article on PB's, are they worth it? Dated 1 May 2024. Also contains, by all accounts, a very sophisticated mathematical odds calculator that yields surprising results.

I can't link from here as somehow CC cannot provide a secure link to the site. :ohmy:

Top Bottom