Post a touring photo, no explanation needed. Just to help me dream. I’ll kick off.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
VV suisse normande.jpg

Strange shadow on the photo there - my phone had got utterly drenched.
This was on the way back from visiting Waffles, formerly of this parish.

Gillstay

Veteran
View attachment 747728

Strange shadow on the photo there - my phone had got utterly drenched.
This was on the way back from visiting Waffles, formerly of this parish.

That photo takes me back. Mate needed my car to go to Paris so i gave it him and cycled home on that route.
Last bit to Bognor was awful as the wind kept blowing me to a standstill.

CMAW

Regular
Yes, actually a police permit rather than a visa and we went the other way (Kosovo to Montenegro).

You officially need permits from both police forces, though it practice as far as we could tell, they're only checked on the Montenegro side (there's a police post at the summit, not at the border itself).

Our papers weren't checked at all; we descended as the police car was going up to the police post)

I looked into it for the opposite direction. Apparently the trouble you could run into is at the border when you leave Kosovo and can't prove you came in legally. Had to skip the Accursed mountains finally due to bad weather and regret that a little. Great pic!

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
That photo takes me back. Mate needed my car to go to Paris so i gave it him and cycled home on that route.
Last bit to Bognor was awful as the wind kept blowing me to a standstill.

From Paris, I'd have done the Avenue Verte through Forges-les-Eaux and gone to Dieppe myself.
I was seriously looking at that one this summer too.

Top Bottom